 Local / Australia / 4919
Re: Whats all this about?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 02:00:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
It could also be bought a group of people, say some sort of "body" that • can
pool money and have already figured out who gets what sets.

True, but I'd like to see the group of adults that could get their act
together sufficiently to decide who would get what sets, and how much they
were prepared to bid collectively and how much they were each prepared to
contribute. And to do it all within the time frame of an e-bay auction.

It would have to be a rather formal arrangement and an ongoing thing to
purchase large ebay lots and distribute/onsell accordingly.
I remember the USians running about and proposing, when that other very large
auction was running in the US not so long ago.

I observe this newsgroup seems to have enough trouble getting agreement on a
meeting date. I'd love to see us try to negotiate the joint purchase of
$20K worth of Lego in about 10 days :-)

Too true.

pete.w