 Local / Australia / 4953
Re: What's all this about?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 00:01:59 GMT

Hehehe or "STUDS eat spuds so don't be a couch potato and join the STUDS".
I could rhyme some words with 'Brick' but I guess I can't do that here haha.
We here could say "better to be a Bug than a Slug" :P ok ok back to my
medicine :P

Mel

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
I think you should call yourselves the STUDS and then run adverts like "Join
the STUDS. Phone XXXXXXXX" in the personal columns of the newspapers to
attract new members :-)

I work for the Cooperative Research Centre for Enterprise Distributed
Systems Technology. This wordy name is then mysteriously abbreviated to
DSTC. At the DSTC, I am involved in the International Organisation for
Standardisation (ISO), the International Telecommunications Union (ITU), the
International Federation of Information Processing (IFIP), the Object
Management Group (OMG), etc etc. Most of these names and abbreviations were
achieved as the result of committees of seriously boring people endlessly
debating the matter. And the result is? Yawn!

Lego is fun and our groups deserve to have fun names!

Kerry