 Local / Australia / 4910
Re: 25% off all lego at Target this week (at least in Brisbane)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 20:37:07 GMT

Yup, and I've done a lot of my birthday shopping for kids this year already.
The shelf prices are OK, and with 25% off plus the Coles Myer shareholder
discount, it was excellent value and I just filled a trolley with Lego.
Since there isn't anything much in the 2001 catalogue that really grabs my
eye, I didn't get much for myself, apart from a couple of impulse sets (that
had a few specific parts of interest. I did buy the Star Wars bucket for
myself, too cheap to pass up.

For kids, I mostly bought Duplo for the real littlies, Action Wheelers for
the 4-6s, City Junior vehicles for the early school years, Dino Island for
mid-primary, and Stormtrooper/CP3O for late primary. (Once they are at high
school, I just give cash.)

Just a comment on Action Wheelers. I've bought a few of these now for
various kids, and my advice to intending purchasers is to look carefully at
the sets to see just how much each set can interwork with either other
Action Wheeler sets or straight Duplo. Some of them (the plane and the car)
are so pre-moulded that it's hard to do anything else with them. However,
the earth mover and fire engine sets (i.e. the larger ones) seem to enable
more open-ended construction.

Kerry