 Local / Australia / 3867
Re: MUGs attending STUDfest 2001.1 in NSW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:24:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:

Peter White <aztekium@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

On Sunday, I mentioned to Richard the possibility of switching the • Studfest
to the Sunday of the long weekend, which is the 28th. As Paul mentioned • before
4 days travelling makes it a bit easier on a trip of that length. So if • you
used the Australia Day weekend, one day of work would give a four day • break.
These things aren't set in stone, so MUGS, let us know.

I like the sound of the long weekend, and am interested in both Powerhouse &
STUDfest, if the STUDs are willing to move their fest...I guess my budget
can just about manage 3 nights...

If MUGS need somewhere to sleep on either Friday or Saturday, let me know.
I am about 1 hour West of Sydney, within striking distance of the Powerhouse.
2 MUGS could have beds, >2 MUGS and things like the lounge and beanbags might
come into use.

Sounds good...

If the MUGS were travelling Friday, it's a Public Holiday, so any toyshops on
route may well be closed. So Paul.B's plan to shop on the way may not be on.
It would be better to shop on the Monday the 29th on the return leg.
If you did the Powerhouse on Saturday the 27th, you may get a couple of STUDS
or SLUGS tagging along. If we moved the Studfest to Sunday the 28th, Richard
is about 90 minutes from me, an easy trip for a Sunday morning.
From Richard's you could continue South, Sunday evening and trim a couple of
hours from Monday's agenda.

Also sounds good.

NB:- assumptions made - Richard's OK with Studfest VII being on the 28th of
January, Paul.B wanting to travel on the long weekend.

Studfest VII should be big, I think Pirate BrikWars are planned.
For the heretical, they can pay homage to our pride of the fleet the CVE
Valhalla, I may bring along my MB temples and castle wall.

pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au> emails to here please.

Well, I could always manage to get the CMF mobilised...they are from around
the same era. Otherwise, I can try and get a force together, too :)
[assuming Studfest VII on 28/1/01]

Benjamin Whytcross

b_whytcross@hotmail.com