 Local / Australia / 3814
Re: Interstate dudes and dudettes at SF VII
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 04:52:33 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:

Gee, I get engrossed in work for a little while and blam! its all happenning.

The quick & the dead 8?)

Soooooo,  SF VII is indeed set down for 4 Feb at my place.  I'm more than
happy (in fact entirely cool) to host an army of people coming from
interstate :-)  And here or not, I think its a great idea, one I hoped would
come to pass.

A few points spring to mind:

I'm about 100km SW of the Sydney GPO (not really in Sydney for those keen on
the Powerhouse).

The house is amply big to have 20 people around, but 20 people *and* their
Lego (and their MB :-) will be worth thinking and chatting about at SF VI.

On the other hand:

Beyond the space we used for the last fest here, there is a double garage
from which I only have to move the cars.

The Southern Highlands is a lovely place to be, and that much closer to
Melbourne for the MUGs.

I am sure I could score a huge room at the Mittagong RSL for $50-odd.

There is plenty of parking both here and the RSL.

Accommodation is not overly expensive hereabouts.

So for now, by all means continue your planning on the basis that its
here-ish on 4 Feb-ish, and I am sure we can find a way to sort the
facilities end of it.  The key bit is the people - do you guys want to come,
and can we actually organise your coming.

So, MUGS, how many takers do we have? The problem (as I see it) is time - how
long does it take to drive to Sydney (I've never done it)? If we want to see
the Powerhouse as well, I think it'd be impossible to do it in a weekend, and
even if we share the driving, we're gonna be pretty nackered by the time we get
back.

Personnaly, I can probably arrange to get the Monday off, and if people think
we can drive up, visit the Powerhouse, got to SF VII, and drive back, I'm happy
to give it a go...

Regards,

ROSCO