 Local / Australia / 3868
Re: Chrome sets advertised (was Re: Lego Sales RULE!!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:05:32 GMT

Just went down to the local Safeway and asked my stepson (the duty manager
at the time) about the stands, and they have 4 of them unused, so he put
them all aside for me, and hopefully I will get them all. :-)  That will
hopefully solve the shelf problem (which model do I pull apart so I have
shelf space for a new one) for a while.

Martin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benjamin Whytcross" <b_whytcross@hotmail.com>
To: <lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 10:24 PM
Subject: Re: Chrome sets advertised (was Re: Lego Sales RULE!!!)

Yep..good sets, and BIG boxes. I got some about a week ago, and more • Monday
night. If the sets weren't on a promo cardboard stand, it may be possible • to
get the one from the safeway you got your sets from...they are 3 parts: • the
stand, the shelf, and the big picture back/top, and come in the same • carton
as the sets. [but from personal experience...they can be a real BU***R to
put together...

Benjamin Whytcross

b_whytcross@hotmail.com

In lugnet.loc.au, Martin Scragg writes:
Just got a set from my local Safeway tonight.  They were in one of the • fixed
promotional shelves they have in the store.  The boxes are a lot larger • than
I had been expecting.

Martin