 Local / Australia / 3863
Re: Chrome sets advertised (was Re: Lego Sales RULE!!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:25:50 GMT

Just got a set from my local Safeway tonight.  They were in one of the fixed
promotional shelves they have in the store.  The boxes are a lot larger than
I had been expecting.

Martin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Melody Brown" <Black666beast@hotmail.com>
To: <lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: Chrome sets advertised (was Re: Lego Sales RULE!!!)

Yay! got my sets yesterday, think I was the first one to buy them :) Well • my
woolies didn't have many though, maybe more out back I dunno but if that's
all they got then, wow!  They are a great price in my opinion!  If anyone
needs any, let me know!  Otherwise give Woolies headoffice a call and they
will tell you where the closest place to you is that will stock them. • Best
of luck...

In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Martin Scragg writes:
Has anyone seen the chrome sets in Melbourne yet?  I have searched • several
Safeway stores here with no success.

These are advertised in this week's Purity (Woolworths in S. Tas) grocery
catalogue and hence all the stores here that didn't already have them • (i.e.
most of them, it would seem*) theoretically now do.  I'm guessing that • there
would be an equivalent weekly catalog for Safeway and so it's probably • worth
checking out?!

Good luck!

*Between the two of us I think Frances and I checked every Purity in
Southern Tas last week and the only store that had them was Sorell • (Frances'
initial find).  As it is now an advertised line they all should have the
stock as of yesterday.

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com