 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 337
Re: Does anybody actually know Mr Justus?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 18:27:47 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brian Lanning writes:

But I think it's somewhat arrogant to think that they made this
service exclusivly for us (AFOLs on lugnet).

OK, go ahead. Everyone knows I'm arrogant anyway. Personally I think it would
be shrewd of them to target the market exclusively to AFOLs with mundanes as a
secondary interest.

We're the heavy users (1) who are going to buy bunches (is there any adult here
reading who ordered but DIDN'T order enough to get the max discount??). We're
the people who build the huge displays that make the people go ooh and ahh. And
it's not just *any* AFOLs doing this, it's the TRAIN AFOLS who are out in
front, we build the hugest most show stopping stuff. The castle guys are
catching up but if TLG were shrewd they'd be bending over backward to help the
train guys wow the mundanes.
<major snippage>
++Lar

Get enough town window parts into Lego Direct production, and you will be seeing
some Town folks will wow the "mundanes" with "show stopping" skyscrapers and
downtowns as well!  (Or do like I do and build a European city with a castle, city
walls, a main train station, and a downtown, thereby bridging Town, Castle, and
Train systems.)

Gary Istok
"I never met a LEGO window I didn't like".