 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 301
Re: Does anybody actually know Mr Justus?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:10:54 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jamie Obrien writes:
With regards to the errors on the page, if Mr Justus monitors the
groups he'd know for sure about it by now, but if not, Todd would
propably be able to let him know. Though by the sounds of things some
people wouldn't want things to change.

Its funny,  they actually did fix one of the errors right away.  The picture
for the 2x8 brick pack was actually a 2x10.  That was mentioned here and fixed
very quickly.

I would think they would fix the page although I think they must be pretty
embarrased by the errors.  I think the fact that they can't tell the
differances in the slope of roof peeks to be pretty alarming.  Luckly I have
lots of extra peeks so I don't need 45 degree peeks.  I don't know if LD knows
how limiting it can be in making complex roofs without the correct degree of
slope on the roof.

I have to guess that there was a big mixup when it came to the windows.  My
guess is that they thought they ordered what was pictured but that was not what
was manufactured, which would be extremely embarrasing.  And then calling
something a train window that no one hear considers a train window.  Plus the
Green Glass in the doors is the oddest thing of the bunch.

Hopefully they are learning from their errors this time around and the second
round will go smoother although with the limited release of this round I am
pretty astounded at the number of errors.

Is there any way to find out what kind of volume LD have been getting.
Maybe a posting somewhere where people can enter the number of which
sets they got which can be tallied up.

That would probably only get you a small percentage as I am sure lots of people
either wouldn't post or wouldn't want the world knowing what they ordered.  I
personally ordered some windows, tiles, and 2x4 red slopes and I got a total of
10 bags to maximise savings but for me this was more a test order than anything
else.

Also, other then Lugnet and on the Lego site (!almost did the s thing)
was there any announcement to the broaded population about the bulk
thing?

I doubt it.  I would guess the next catalog will reach the widest number of
people.  Then after that I would guess there will be some inserts in sets to
get the rest.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/