 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 314
Re: Does anybody actually know Mr Justus?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 21:01:43 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tom McDonald writes:

<snip>

While we'd like to think that our favorite company would do things with 100%
consistency, it's just not the case. It's clearly not unrealistic to hear some
manager or supervisor that has something to do with this say to some
inquisitive employee, "Well.. we're using these for train windows now. What of
it? As long as we put up the picture with it, who cares?"

A dangerous attitude if they don't get the picture right.  :-)

I was surprised that they put element terms at all. Even with the accessories
packages of today and yesterday, the labels rarely get more descriptive
than "Space elements" or "window pieces", and sometimes no label at all, just
a number and a picture (and of course the price).

I bet, in the end, the names will be dropped.  We have a naming convention
that works well... in english.  I'd hate to have to come up with similar names
in a dozen other languages.  That, I think, is the reason there are now words
on the instructions.  It avoids the language problem.  I guess you have to put
something on the invoice though.  I bet we end up with just set numbers.

brian