 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 323
Re: train windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 22:11:26 GMT

Brian Lanning wrote:

They know exactly what a train window is.  I bet there is a
very good reason(s) why they offered transparent thin walls instead.

I think it's much less sinister than that.  I think they *didn't* approach it
like this:

Well, they've asked for train windows.  And we can't provide them because
(insert reason here).  But we have to appease them and give them a train
window.  Hey, this piece was a window in a train!  Give them that!  That way,
we can say we gave them a train window.

I think it was more like this:

What pieces are the moulds already tooled for?  Do we have any pieces that we
had to over produce that can be used here?  What pieces can we provide so
that, if this thing is a flop, we can redirect the pieces into sets and
minimize losses?  Ok, compare that against what they've asked for, how can we
meet their needs without causing us any problems?  Alright, we'll go with that
list for now.  Ok, now what do we call these things?

Except for one problem - has there EVER been a set with plain clear 1x4x3
thinwalls? No printing at all?

What about a set with red-framed, GREEN-paned doors?  I don't know of one.  Quite a
goofup if the accidently cast red frames instead of black, or green panes instead
of trans-blue, and GLUED THEM TOGETHER anyways.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/