 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *5680 (-100)
  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Yep, it looks like I read your post too quickly and thought it was a company project. DOH! Ah, well...when LEGO decides to realize that many of their customers don't do windoze please feel free to contact me. Someday, I'd actually like to (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

[snipped] (...) :( If LXF does take off, expect many "historical" parts to be added ;) (...) LOL...I fully understand....build a website for users of Netscape when they only count for 4% of the internet browsers! LOL I can assume the SDK will be (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

Lots of great stuff in here, please see comments (and <snips> below): In lugnet.cad, Todd Lehman writes: <snip> (...) Probably something like that. We are still working all this out. (Thus one of the reasons for the NDA that the LDraw developers (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Uh oh! I hope I was clear! I was referring to the fan created editor mentioned here: (URL) that what you meant? Jake --- Jake McKee Community Development Manager - N. America LEGO Direct (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) It was just one dance on the table! Just one! Oh man... The process we are undergoing right now is just the first step. As we develop and move forward on one step, it changes the others. Our goal way back when was to have the brick by brick (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) I can certainly understand this and respect you descicion. However, has or will the product be tested with something like a Windows emulator/API library (such as Wine is for the *NIX platform) so that we can at least attempt to run it? For (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Thanks Jake! That statement alone gets me on board. Please contact me at the e-mail listed above when you are in need of beta-testers. I'm always glad to be of service. -Dave (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

Hi Jake, (...) Any comment of the part of that old quote that said the designer could "then order the appropriate number and type of bricks" to build the model they have drawn? Just-a-wonderin', -Hendonator (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

(...) Yay! (...) Obviously the LEGO-supplied LXF parts will have some restrictions. Do you also mean that homebrew LXF parts would also have restrictions? AFAIK, if I create my own part in LDraw .DAT format, I can sell it. I just can't sell parts I (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  More information on LEGO Digital Designer and other things

Wow! What a week for LEGO CAD! LPub going open source, another Java viewer underway, a Mac editor hits alpha, new version of LD4D, the LSC, MLCad on Linux, all this Digital Designers stuff... and I know I am missing something! Sorry for the delay in (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Just one simple question - MacOS X support? Do you intend to provide support for MacOS X? Thanks, Ed Cox (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Parts Library (was Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0)

How complete will the parts library for this program be? Will it include all the parts TLC has 3d computer models of or will it be limited somehow? What about decorated/printed parts? Minifig parts & accessories? Stickers? Sails and capes and such (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

I can see this being a great thing as long as: 1.it doesnt have any artificial limits on it 2.the LXF file format is documented and there are no restrictions on using it (ref the TLC patents mentioned earlier in the thread) 3.it has support for all (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Isn't that redundant? [ -> .off-topic.geek ] (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

In lugnet.cad, Jake McKee writes: <snipped Jake's announcement for brevity - since I'm sure you've all read it already!> First of all, this sounds very spiffy. It shows that LEGO is really taking the AFOL community seriously, and that is (and always (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

Hi Jake! (...) Sounds great! (...) I'm very excited by this idea. I'm glad you are planning to work with what the community has developed and used. As you mentioned in the previous paragraph, this provides an excellent opportunity for kids using LDD (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Does this mean there will be a complex, powerful LEGO building tool to be released later or does this mean the graduation towards the LDraw tools such as MLCAD? (...) Multiple file formats never seem to work out too well (can you say BETA vs. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) That's raises an interesting moral and ethical dilemma: Is it morally acceptable to support the LXF format? Do you think anyone will boycott it? (...) Aren't millions of copies of USENET articles dating back to 1994-5 documentation enough? (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) I don't know if anyone's done an age study, but that sounds about right. (...) Which end? ;-) (...) Is it mine in the sense that I can legally implement the same method in another file format? (...) Naturally, part of my job at LUGNET is to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) More on this post tomorrow, but a couple of quick answers. By compete, I just meant that our DD software isn't meant to compete with, say MLCad. It is designed for use by kids around the age of 7 or 8. MLCad, I would assume, doesn't really (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

In my opinion, what killed the community's enthusiuasm for working with LEGO was LEGO's intention to patent the file format (and complicate it to do so.) Since then, LEGO has obtained a government monopoly on CAD that is so broad, it could even be (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) I also hope you're proven wrong, but the presence of an NDA would seem to indicate otherwise. Either way, I'm willing to work on cross platform tools if the Digital Designer software is more popular with my kids than Creator was. (...) I don't (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) But, whether or not it's meant to compete, it will compete, won't it? Or will it have such a limited parts selection that only kids would want to use it? What about the more complex powerful LEGO building tools mentioned below? Won't those (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Ya, that would be a lot like Adobe's approach to PostScript. It's a closed language in that Adobe has decreed that they are the official purveyors of enhancements to the language, but it's an open language in that it's extremely well (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Ok, maybe things have changed. Originally TLC was talking about releasing parts as files. My understanding is that they have three "quality" levels of parts: high quality, medium quality, and low-quality. The high quality parts are what their (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

This is great timing and I'm very encouraged by what you've outlined here. I'd like to throw in my "me too" post about supporting other platforms in addition to Microsoft Windows(TM) and that the LXF spec be publically documented. It's reasonable (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) FWIW, the VP at TLC who is quoted as saying this actually ended up leaving TLC not too long after the 7 Dec 2000 press release. On 18 Mar 2001 (101 days later), a Bang & Olufsen press release announced that Sørensen had left LEGO and would (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Oooh. I had forgotten about that. If this option of ordering the elements needed for a design were included in the package, I would suddenly develop a better liking for CAD... :) (...) Software in general, as I have noticed, tends to be (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Is this the program announced three years ago? "And in 2002, we will begin a program where LEGO builders will be able to build any three dimensional creation using free software to create building instructions for their model - and then order (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

Lots of good comments, this is very exciting stuff, ne? (...) Those aren't the only two alternatives. It could well be closed (changes controlled by LEGO only, rather than by a standards committee) but still well documented rather than (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) [...] I'm excited about the progress, and thankful for your sharing the news with us, Jake. It's good to know that TLC/LD continues to take into account the adult community's dreams and hard work, while planning for their future. -Suz - Yet (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) By that I assume you mean true ABS. <grins and smirks> Nothing beats the real thing for complex and powerful... IMHO... Seriously though, I think what you are announcing here is great for the future of the community and its ability to further (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) I don't think LXF is going to be a parts format, it sounds like it's a way to exchange models only (think of it as LDraw with only type 1 lines). Out of curiosity, how do you plan to solve the problem of different parts library having parts (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Sounds great! (...) Have you considered following that spirit all the way and making the software open source? I know that's a big step, but other big companies have done the same with great success. I'm particularly concerned that this very (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Perhaps Digital Designer could offer third-party "plug-in" capabilities (import/export) for reading and writing LDraw files...similar to the way Adobe Photoshop works. But having some command-line tools to do the conversion would probably be (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

All, I would like to take this opportunity to announce a cool new project many years in the making. I hope you find this as exciting as I do. == A new LEGO building application == LEGO has been making building software for many years now (like LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Updated lego.com: Fresh'n'Clean

(...) I concur! I was pleasantly surprised the other day when I noticed the site had been updated. The navigation is much cleaner than before! I especially like the Flash nav in the products section. I usually hate the use of Flash as a navigation (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Updated lego.com: Fresh'n'Clean

Suzi, why do you think it's a girl ? :PPP If it's really a girl then she will be very nice when sge grow up. ;) Rene (...) ...snip... (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Updated lego.com: Fresh'n'Clean

Dear LEGO, Just wanted to say, "Cool!" and thanks. :-) I like the changes to the LEGO Company website! It *is* new, right? because, I'd swear it changed only a few days ago.. yet I saw no mention in lugnet.lego.announce or lugnet.lego.direct. I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  RE: Molds - I just don't grok the economics

Another clue to the economics lies in the sets' price per piece ratio. Some of the Designer sets go for as little as 5 cents/piece while Jabba's Palace is nearly 13 cents/piece. Star Wars licensing, raw material costs (for larger pieces), etc. are (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Molds - I just don't grok the economics

(...) First, it is a feather in the cap of the LegoDirect division NOT to resort to the creation of new molds or making a new mold for an old part where no useable molds exists. So for now, their policy is NO NEW MOLDS. But that is only LegoDirect, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Molds - I just don't grok the economics

Well, as for the cypress tree issue... Lego Direct is responsible for all the new re-releases, and it doesn't seem to have the power to make new molds, I guess to cut costs for more AFOL-targeted models. While the big fad models made outside Lego (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Molds - I just don't grok the economics

As I was building 4480 Jabba's Palace, I was thinking "nice pieces, useful colours, but what will I do with all those Jabbas if I buy more of them?" Then I thought to myself ... Why it is uneconomic to make new molds for cypress trees etc which (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H: Where are the compressor pump sets?

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Where are the compressor pump sets?

i actually spent time on the phone with lego today inquiring about this kit. i need one so badly. they are available in europe, but not the us. how frustrating. i need the tank more than anything, and the nice people at S@H agreed to send me one for (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct)

Can I have a wild guess at what you want to make? Duq "Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HDFq5p.otr@lugnet.com... (...) pump, (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H: Where are the compressor pump sets?

(...) I would be happy to order them Pistco Dacta and forward them to you, since I live in the US. here's the link for them (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H: Where are the compressor pump sets?

I need at least four of them ...... Dennis (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H: Where are the compressor pump sets?

Set 5218 (pneumatic pack). it's quite expensive if you only need the pump, but it has one. Inventory: (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H: Where are the compressor pump sets?

(...) If you have access to Pitsco, you can still order pneumatic parts, they're in the most recent print catalog. The online catalog also has the parts, but doesn't have the pictures to show you what you're ordering: (URL) received my first Pitsco (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct)

  S@H: Where are the compressor pump sets?

I thought they were still available at S@H until a few months ago, but recently I saw they aren't in the assortment anymore. And I think there isn't a set incl. such a small pump, am I right? Dennis Bosman (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Train Shed Pre-Orders

Finally the Train Engine Shed is also available to order via Shop At Home Europe. Backorders are now taken and orders will be sent out May 16th 2003. Attached a little bit of information on the set. Train Engine Shed, #10027. Ages 9+. 663 pieces. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Number of sets (was Re: LUGNET set guide now links to BrickLink set inventories)

I vaguely remember a post some time ago wherein someone posted that Lego HQ wasn't even certain about all the set names and numbers they had ever used. Or maybe that was part numbers Paul Sinasohn (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Number of sets (was Re: LUGNET set guide now links to BrickLink set inventories)

(...) Dear LD, In the interests of improving the number of inventories we AFOLs create of old sets is there any way of finding out how many sets TLC has made? Clearly this is a difficult question to define when you take into account promos, service (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Sails Parts Pack

With the re-release of the pirate line, How about doing a sails parts pack. They don't last as well as ABS bricks, especially with constant play from small children. I am also sure the perceived value to the buyer is a lot higher than your cost to (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: www.legolinks.com

(...) Or just little ol' me! Yeah, I was going to send a note, but decided to post here and clarify why this is a big deal. James, you are right, Fair Play does allow for quite a bit of flexibility in what fans can do on their own sites. The purpose (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Saturday Science Event - Pictures of the Create and Race -

Pictures of the Event. (URL) tried to capture the interest everyone had in the buckets of Lego and how everyone had so much fun racing their vehicles after creating them. Great event, thank you all. Eric Sophie www.biomechanicalbricks.com (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Error on set 4029

Hi Jake, I just received the new designer sets. From what I saw up to now, I am very happy with those products. Classic Lego at his best with nice assortment and great price. But I am surprise to see errors on the listing of the parts for set 4029. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Add a LEGO® touch to your Easter decorations!

Another five unique LEGO Shop At Home eBay auctions have just launched, and you can see them all here: (URL) the auction descriptions: This colorful, one-of-a-kind LEGO Easter egg comes glued, and can be “cracked” open to hide candy or a gift (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: 10027 Train Engine Shed now available for pre-order

(...) Hi Joel, thanks for the heads up... I've been waiting for this set to appear on SAH. I've already seen enough from the pictures from BricksWest to know I'll be ordering this one. Too bad we have to wait until June. Sometimes they're a little (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Designers Sets Now Available from SAH

(...) With all us AFOL's going spend crazy and I'm sure a fair bit of kids will too, I can't see them fail! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Designers Sets Now Available from SAH

(...) Agreed! :) Looks like a great way to get a lot of those weird new curved parts, as well as some interesting colors. I hope these do well, too. -JHK (21 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Designers Sets Now Available from SAH

I notice the age range on these sets is 6-99, so we adults are allowed to buy them too :-) Of course, I guess there will be a swag of emails from all those 100+ Lugnetters miffed at their exclusion. Kerry (21 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Designers Sets Now Available from SAH

(...) GREAT price points, much better than I had feared. Perhaps since these sets require no new molds and no licensing, some of the cost savings has been passed on to us. I hope these are huge sellers. I will be doing my bit, you can be sure. (21 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Designers Sets Now Available from SAH

(...) Woo-hoo! I can finally act my age again!! ...At least for another 69 years anyway... ;-D -Hendo (21 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Designers Sets Now Available from SAH

I notice the age range on these sets is 6-99, so we adults are allowed to buy them too :-) Of course, I guess there will be a swag of emails from all those 100+ Lugnetters miffed at their exclusion. Kerry (21 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Designers Sets Now Available from SAH

The new Designer Sets are now on SAH (w/ pictures) and some are shipping now or real soon (to US, at least): (URL) Wild Collection: Available Now! (USA) 4100 Maximum Wheels: Ships by March 13! (USA) 4099 Robobots: Ships by March 31 (USA) 4096, 4097, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) ... sort its S@H inventory out so that items listed as "in stock" actaully are "in stock" Twice I've had items "backorder cancelled". I'm informed there is a lack of synchronisation between online and telephone ordering. Scott A (21 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Cool, received Main Street Legend 10041 today!

(...) Snip (...) Snip (...) guess... So far, I'm not using mine. (...) snip (...) This is my guess also. Funny, I always thought that the building was a garage only-no dealer with a (separate?) office above. when I read your post, I remembered that (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Designer sets at Shop@Home?

(...) They were previewsed at Toy Fair in NYC last week; they are the same sets that first surfaced in January: robots, cars, planes, animals, etc. (all non-System-- themed models, but with no mini-figures). (URL) down to the "Inventor and Designer" (...) (21 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Designer sets at Shop@Home?

Hi! I noticed today on the S@H site a new products line: Lego Designer Sets, but there is nothing for sale yet. I am very curious about them, can someone explain what are these sets? Thanks, Yanick (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community Events Information (Was:BricksWest 2003 Event Coordinator's Report)

Yay! Eric Sophie (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community Events Information (Was:BricksWest 2003 Event Coordinator's Report)

(...) Yep. (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Community Events Information (Was:BricksWest 2003 Event Coordinator's Report)

Matthew, Just wondering, was this meeting when you and James saw the Wampa from Lego Magazine discussed in this thread on FBTB: (URL) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Community Events Information (Was:BricksWest 2003 Event Coordinator's Report)

(...) OK...let me give you the nutshell version here. I am not a spokesman for the attendees of the event, just another enthusiast participant sharing my personal thoughts. I will stress that none of us are under any type of confidentiality (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Train Wheel Friction?

I contacted Lego Direct and presented the problem to them stating that there was significant drag on the gray wheel sets. In the course of the discussion the lady (name escapes me) who is the customer service rep for trains was not aware of this (...) (21 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Train Wheel Friction?

(...) My modest LEGO train collection consists of one MOT kit, one Santa Fe Kit (full train, not starter), and one Metroliner kit. These are all sets with the "new" wheelsets. For the most part I think I lucked out with the MOT and Santa Fe. Both (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Changes to the 10021 - U.S.S. Constellation

(...) Not exactly. The box shown at Brickswest was what looked to be the original artwork from when the set was first released (the kid had the Rolls Royce model on the shelf behind him, for goodness sake!) It looked to me, and the few people that I (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Changes to the 10021 - U.S.S. Constellation

(...) I am misremembering. Sorry! The box shown at BricksWest has it the conventional way as well. (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New Engine Shed

(...) It does look brilliant. A dark red version may be asking a lot, but if I could just drop my own hint... I hope they make an extra lot of those 1x4x5 windows in WHITE, and make them into a service pack. I'm afraid the black ones just aren't as (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) Currently many sets include the new 8 x 8 plate in various colors including Black, Dark Gray, Tan and a few other colors. (URL) can find many thousand for sale on BrickLink. (URL) will admit, though, that I find this size a bit awkward to use (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) Hi Jake, No need for debate since I agree. Of course you're right. I was just venting. My original intention for that post was just to make sure LEGO Direct didn't think all AFOLs had the same resources. In retrospect I'm sure LEGO Direct knew (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:HADMr1.IFD@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) get (...) [ ... snipped ....] Based on the conversation I had with Steve the other day I would say the answer to that question is (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) Don't think that those of us with rather more substantal collections don't have to prioritize as well. I have ~202K bricks _from sets_, and probably another 10K from brickbay/link & other trades. I still cannot build everything that I have (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) Here's to the overwhelming "lurking" majority with limited resources! Thank you Paul for your postings. I wholeheartedly understand your ranting and raving. Thank you Manfred for pointing out those of us who are "lurking" but who do want to (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

In lugnet.lego.direct, Paul S. D'Urbano writes: <SNIP-O-RAMA> (...) Not to start a debate (ok, maybe a little one), but isn't that the eternal "LEGO Question"? I mean I can imagine my collection growing to be hundreds of millions of pieces and still (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Changes to the 10021 - U.S.S. Constellation

(...) Hello Larry, Well, the pictures on Shop at Home show the headlight bricks used in the conventional way, with the side stud facing outwards. I assume these pictures should be considered as the most recent and reliable ones. Maybe, because it (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Changes to the 10021 - U.S.S. Constellation

(...) I thought "spy photos" indicated that was what they actually were already doing but I could be misremembering. (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) Tangentially, I agree, the process of evaluating whether you have parts to build a MOC and gaining the knowledge of who has what parts for sale to complete it is indeed tedious. However... watch for an upcoming release of BrikTrak... it will (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) Minority ? You would be surprised how many AFOL's are much more like you. I'm sure there is a overwhelming "lurking" majority with limitid resources out there. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) you know, if it makes you feel any better, pretty much every instruction i've made was a much cleaned up version of my original MOC. while i can't speak for every model up on the instruction portal, at least some of us that make instructions (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) The only problem with that is all I want/need are lots of just one size. Preferably 6x8 but something similar (4x10, 8x8, etc.) would suffice. These sizes are large enough to cover a decent amount of space, yet small enough to be highly (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Changes to the 10021 - U.S.S. Constellation

I agree with this recommendation. OnDrew Hartigan (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) YES they have! Keep up the good work guys! Mark P (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) Oops, sorry for venting there. I guess I didn't realize I had such a sore spot there myself. I'm just sometimes frustrated by the really cool things other AFOLs demonstrate is possible but I can't achieve for time/money reasons. (...) Don't (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) <major snippage> (...) Yeeeowch. Ok, sore spot, got it. This is why I asked. (I don't build many trains you see...) But really do you think you're a majority or a minority of the LEGO buyer? If you really must have one of these models it is (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) Right on! (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) This was ultimately cool: (URL) just wish it was available also in white, tan, gray, dk.gray & brown. As it is they've kept offering similar sets in red and blue. Ick. Came with 6x8 plates, 4x12's, 4x8's, 4x6's, 4x4's, and all varieties of 2xN (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

(...) All AFOLs aren't created equal. I'm an AFOL who's trying to keep to a budget and manage my personal free time between my family and my bricks. If I have to buy three 10020s so I can build a proper B-unit (i.e. three gray port holes per side (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 5 things I would like to see from TLC/Lego Direct...

The only thing I have been wanting for the last 10 years is 6x8 or similar sized plates(i.e. 4x10, 8x8) in any color.(though I would prefer black or grey) I would like to purchase a few thousand of those please. -Mike Petrucelli (who is limited in (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.events.brickswest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact