 Trains / 19555
Re: 10027 Train Engine Shed now available for pre-order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 21:50:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Joel Hoornbeek writes:
Hello all,
I'm not really a train collector, but I did notice that 10027 is now listed
on the Shop at Home website, at least for the US.  The ship date is listed
as the 18th of June.  I did think that it was a bit strange that there are
not (or at least were not at the time of this post) any pictures of this set...
The link is http://makeashorterlink.com/?A38F129E3.

Please set follow-ups as appropriate.

-Joel

Hi Joel, thanks for the heads up...

I've been waiting for this set to appear on SAH.  I've already seen enough
from the pictures from BricksWest to know I'll be ordering this one.  Too
bad we have to wait until June.  Sometimes they're a little conservative
with pre-order dates (Red Baron last year) so maybe we'll be lucky and
they'll start shipping this in the May time frame.

Price is not bad, $70 US, close to the 10 cents per piece mark, but a little
higher than I'd expect for 663 piece LEGO Direct set.  10024 has 670 pieces
and is $50.  I wonder if this set comes with the straight tracks for the
inside.  That could explain some of the cost difference.

Cheers,
Paul