 Trains / 19554
Re: 4534 on Lego Shop at Home North America
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 00:10:58 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Musil writes:

I was just looking at the Lego Shop At Home page today and noticed the 4534
on the trains page
<http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id=%7BC0163ED5%2D50A5%2D11D7%2D80A3%2D00065BA09B53%7D&OrderBy=0&CatID=%7B1C5855E5%2D6C41%2D4E91%2D94B1%2DE3DD68BDE7FB%7D>.

I thought that Lego was only producing this set for Target stores.  Will
this mean that Lego will have this set as a "regular" set for a year, or
two?

After Target stores stopped selling this set, I would have bet a million
Lego bricks that Shop At Home would be selling this set very soon.  My guess
was correct, I see.

There must be thousands of these sets leftover from the Target exclusive
deal and apparently no other retailers wanted to carry this item.  Lego is
now stuck with this item.  At full price, however, I won't be buying them; I
can do better on the secondary market such as Ebay, probably.

__Kevin Salm__