 Harry Potter / 953
Re: Saw the movie today!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:45:58 GMT

Huw Millington wrote:

I'm glad to say it does live up to all the hype. Everything shown is
exactly as I imagined it to be, having read the books. My only reservation
is that, understandably, the story has been abbreviated, so consequently
some of the characters or scenes do not have the significance they do in
the book. I won't say too much in order not so spoil it for you.

I'd be interested to hear from people who have not read the book what they
think of it...

I saw it monday (best day for movies, theater was almost empty :-)

From the first moments till the end, the story grabbed me!
Not having read the books yet (they're on order... here in Holland it
turned out to be impossible to find the English version, and I *HATE*
translations, they tend to mess up everything)

I immediately recognized all the LEGO sets in the movie, which is a big
thumbs-up to LEGO. And to see Robby Coltrane like this instead of in
"Cracker"... big shocker ! :-)

I really recommend this movie to anybody, no matter what age (just noticed
in some countries they rated it for 6 and up... a shame really!)
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://artsen.vanree.net
VanReeDotNet IT Solutions    | http://www.vanree.net