 Local / United Kingdom / 7473
Re: Saw the movie today! (bit OT)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 13:29:52 GMT

Hey, James....any room for one more in those flame proof pants? • oo-er :)
The same Neil gaiman of "Sandman" fame?  Why's he suing?
yes the very same. It was over a character from the book of death, but he's
not going to sue now (I checked)

whoo hoo 15 days till Fellowship of the Ring
--
James Stacey
---------
www.minifig.co.uk
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado

"Darth Joules" <darthjoules@zerzura.com> wrote in message

"James Stacey" <james@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message
saw the film last night and words fail me in a family newsgroup like • this
adequately describe how dire it was. If it was indeed as close to the • book
as some say I'm suprised its only Neil Gaiman who is (apparently) suing.

<snip>

The same Neil gaiman of "Sandman" fame?  Why's he suing?

I for one will not be seeing the Harry Potter movie or reading the books.
Why not....well it's not-my-pint-of-beer so to speak, too close to
contemporary times (e.g. no original fantasy settings).  The Lego HP sets
are bloody great, but the books just don't appeal to me so I won't waste • my
money on them or the movie.  Besides Lord Of The Rings dumps on HP from a
very high height indeed.

Hey, James....any room for one more in those flame proof pants?

Darth Joules
"Whack 'em and stack 'em!"