 General / 53525
Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 15:55:11 GMT

My weirdest LEGO thing is probably close to one of a kind. While I worked for
LEGOLAND California, the maintenance team took the crane beam off of the Kid
Power Tower. I believe it was a safety issue with the wind.

The beam and hook were fiberglass mock-ups on a massive scale. The at-the-time
maintenance supervisor saw me eyeing the four foot tall LEGO hook (modeled after
the 1x2 plate with hook) and asked if I would like it. I was thrilled to have a
giant LEGO hook, that had once been part of an actual LEGOLAND ride.

It's so dang big, I don't have room for it in my house, and it lives in my
father-in-laws giant workshop.

I doubt there are any compatible pieces, but since it does have studs, it is
still a LEGO piece.

Aaron