 General / 39112
Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 00:56:48 GMT

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote:

In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  To kick this off, I'll share my only slightly odd item: a
  lightsaber handle from the Wal-Mart 1999 (IIRC) "lightsaber
  building" competition.  It's a black plastic "handle" with
  a + shaped set of plates screwed into the top upon which to
  anchor a "blade."  Apparently these were not supposed to be
  released by the stores, being promotional items, but I
  bought a clearance bucket and one was hiding in there.

  What do all of you have?  (John, your 1593 is unusual, but
  it doesn't count.  ;) )

  Eagerly awaiting tales of mystery and intrigue,

Well, not *that* wierd I guess but I have one of those connectors from late 60s
early 70s thats trans milky colour, like 2 2x2 plates connected by short
bendable plastic section. I think they were used to connect little vehicles
together in early sets.

Yup, I got one two. Still hold together, but I suspect I cannot find it at present.
It is buried in my old room at my parents.

The unusual thing is that only the top can be connected to LEGO bricks!
Although there are depressions on the under-side, they look like they're just
for molding, and are not the right size to allow bricks to be connected 8?(

It is meant to be put underneath two sections of a car and back in those days wheels
were not that big so it had to be thin.

-breiler