 General / 39121
Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:34:55 GMT

"Mikkel Breiler" <mibm@image.dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
"T.Woelk" <T.Woelk@tu-bs.de> wrote:

the first try
of scala with the decorated tiles, that was truly the seventies.

Scala decorated tiles are from the seventies? Not 1980?

My memory isn't what it used to be, and back then I think it was jolted • just the
same.

-breiler

You're absolutly right. It says new in the catalog of 1980.
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1980/c80eu/c80eu-24.html
Well I would have sworn they were from 1976 or so. Just look at the picture,
and they museum showcase was absolutly seventies to me.??   I always thought
we sort of lived behind the moon at that time but I was pretty sure I had
this picture in my memory of going to the first Star Wars film when it first
came to our town and I stood in the line with this girl in front of me
wearing lego scala. Now either this girl was way ahead of her time or our
cinema got the film years after it was shown everywere else.

But I just remember another piece I have. It's a 2x4 wheel holder brick.
White and with the clear underside so that you can see the casements for the
wheel axles. The strange thing is - it doesn't have any holes.

tschuess/bye
Thomas