 General / 53507
Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:36:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mikkel Breiler wrote:
"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote:

In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes: • ..
Well, not *that* wierd I guess but I have one of those connectors from late 60s
early 70s thats trans milky colour, like 2 2x2 plates connected by short
bendable plastic section. I think they were used to connect little vehicles
together in early sets.

Yup, I got one two. Still hold together, but I suspect I cannot find it at present.
It is buried in my old room at my parents.

The unusual thing is that only the top can be connected to LEGO bricks!
Although there are depressions on the under-side, they look like they're just
for molding, and are not the right size to allow bricks to be connected 8?(

It is meant to be put underneath two sections of a car and back in those days wheels
were not that big so it had to be thin.

-breiler

Sorry for adding to such an old topic, its been about five years.

I think I remember why I have this piece. As I recall when I was VERY young my
parents gave my sister and I two identical sets of red cars, 6 stud wide. If I
am not mistaken it is a fire truck and the little plastic pieces here are used
to connect an addition little carriage to the back. Probably a pump or something
that was supported by this piece and resting on two wheels.

I can only say I have no surviving plans for building this set, and do not
remember having had them for long. I put this anomaly down to my mother being so
overprotective back in the day that she would collect the plans once my sister
and I were done making and playing with  the featured models and then she would
put them in a clear plastic binder and put that in a folder.

However good my mother thought she was doing she often misplaces stuff, And
since then I have only found the folder with the plans for *most* of the 4.5V
trains (blue rails) including the 126 black locomotive and the blue passenger
carriage and yellow Shell carriage. I have no plans for the railroad crossing
but I suspect that one was so simple one could look at the picture on the box to
see how to use it.

That is all.

Mikkel
Note mibm@image.dk no longer functions!