 General / 39041
Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:54:06 GMT

Its probably be like the others in that its not exactly too wierd...its
probably just out of the ordinary.

I have a (baby blue) Lego Printed blanket and sheet set (w/matching
pillow casses, and curtains).  I don't have the curtains up, but I do
sleep with the sheets, pillow case (at least the regular one) and
the comforter.

I got them in an E-bay auction.

When I was in the active service, I got a bit of chuckles and amazement from
my peers.

There was more amazement when I showed them the rather large pile of lego in
my small barracks room.

;)

Ben

In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Hi, everyone.

  I was going through a few things here at my home in Michigan,
  and I ran across something odd that I'd forgotten about.  It
  got me thinking:  What kind of true oddities that have some
  connection to LEGO--themed items, promotional things, or other
  tie-ins that are bizarre--do people here have?  There are
  easily enough hard-core, longtime collectors from around the
  world here to have some strange items from the early days of
  LEGO as well as some of the newer promotional items.

  To kick this off, I'll share my only slightly odd item: a
  lightsaber handle from the Wal-Mart 1999 (IIRC) "lightsaber
  building" competition.  It's a black plastic "handle" with
  a + shaped set of plates screwed into the top upon which to
  anchor a "blade."  Apparently these were not supposed to be
  released by the stores, being promotional items, but I
  bought a clearance bucket and one was hiding in there.

  What do all of you have?  (John, your 1593 is unusual, but
  it doesn't count.  ;) )

  Eagerly awaiting tales of mystery and intrigue,

  LFB