 General / 39099
Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:41:05 GMT

<snipity-snip>

  Eagerly awaiting tales of mystery and intrigue,

  LFB

This is fun.  You've got me thinking of all the weird toys or promo items
that I saved just because of that four letter word on them.  On to my oddities:

I have saved two completely useless pieces to show to those who stumble into
my shop to say, "Wow."  They are the tall curved red roof slopes from the
top of the tower of Night Lord's Castle 6097, somehow they were warped by
extreme heat and preasure at the factory so they kind of twist to the left
(or was that right?), they were packed in a brand new factory sealed box I
got from a KB Toystore in TN.  Dunno how they passed quality control.

I have two LEGO candy boxes that were given to me by a Sony merchandiser
friend from her son's birthday party.  She remembered that I was nuts about
the brick and gave me two.  They HAD Mike & Ike and Hot Tamales in them, now
they are sugar free :)

A LEGO datebook and planner with various elements of LEGO history scattered
about it's pages.  Got it from Tuesday Morning in West Covina, CA.

An item that came to me along with an auction I won for a Deep Freeze
Defender 6973, a poster featuring about 16 mini-figures of various
description all holding some LEGO item.  All but one, he has nothing.  The
type at the bottom of the poster says something about theft of possesions, I
think it may have been a European travel/crime awareness poster.

Four transparent dispenser trays for the Roboriders line with a picture of
Onyx 8512 on each.

A LEGO Soccer pen.  Truly odd, need I say more.

Those original dark green LEGO trees that don't anchor with studs, they have
a flat base.  As a kid even I knew they were LEGO and I thought they were
odd.  My grandparents picked these up in a large garage sale lot when I was wee.

LEGO HO scale metal cars, every now and again I'll find one mixed in with my
old Hot Wheels and MB cars and then completely lose them again.

Roborider wheels.  What am I going to do with those?  They fall into that
category of, "Better hang on to this because you never know when you might
need it."

One of the old motor plates that fits over the old battery motor snug to
it's midline.

These are the things that pop most eageerly into me head.  It was really a
lot of fun to think about this topic and to read everyone else's odds.  Thanks!
You've made a AFOL happy!!
-Aaron-