 General / 39116
Re: What's the weirdest LEGO item you own?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:23:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  What do all of you have?  (John, your 1593 is unusual, but
  it doesn't count.  ;) )

These are my special LEGO© related items:

A Roll of Lego adhesive tape (the one with which the transport
boxes are sealed in the factory). I got it at the factory sale in
Billund last year. Here is a picture:

I have some of the test bricks from Bayer, who produce the ABS
used for the bricks, yellow ones, a few in green, and some mixed
colors between green and yellow (comes closest to the new lime,
but not exactly and about 20 years old now). The brick molds for
these testing bricks have the Lego© Logo removed from the studs
for copyright reasons.

There are some card games, a puzzle (you know the ones, a 4x4
field with pushable tiles) displaying the LEGO© Logo, a DUPLO©
book a friend of mine got in the hospital when his baby was
born ("Wie Kinder spielen lernen" - "How childs learn by playing")

At my office place there is a cardboard Darth Vader sale stand
from the Star Wars Classic series (I got it disassembled and
detected a snowspeeder in it when I unfolded it...)

My first driving license from 1982 in Billund, another one still blank
from 1983 I think, and a classic space minifig hologramm button.

Cloth bags (the usual ones which came up when plastic bags
became political incorrect) with the LEGO© Logo.

I also have some rare but official part, like the old gas station
pump other people mentioned, the nylon coupling, a MISB 693 fire engine,
the Nesquick rabbit, silver 2x4 bricks, a 8862 with completely yellow
pneumatic cylinders (early version), and more I forgot now