 General / 3359
Re: Who had the 5571 Inventory?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:26:36 GMT

Christopher Masi <cmasi@cmasi.chem.tulane.edu> wrote:
Tom seems like a nice guy and I was just giving him a hard time, but I agree with John
Neal. No, I am not suggesting that people charge for an inventory; I am simply
suggesting that favors go both ways. (Not like mob favors, like friend favors).

Yes, it is VERY nice that we share information here, but the sharing seems very
one-sided when someone is making money. Instead of, "Hey, send me an inventory so I
can use it while selling of these sets", how about, "Hey, if you send me an inventory
I'll send you a few bricks." You know it is a favor, "Thanks, here's a few bricks for
your help." Maybe that is what Tom was going to do.

That would certainly be a nice thing to do, and I've done something
similar to that in the past.

Sounds a little like worrying about nickle and dime stuff to me,
though.  I don't bother keeping track of the parts and even little
sets that I give to people (although I do have a couple of boxes
sitting on my couch that badly need to be mailed) just because it's
something they're looking for.  I prefer to simply give.

If 2 people download the Excel file containing the little inventory I
did last night, one to just have it and help catalog his parts bins
and set, and the other to help setup a parts auction for 20 copies of
that set, I'm happy.  The fact that the second person is getting a
shortcut on his way to make some money doesn't make a bit of
difference to me, especially since I might be bidding on some of the
parts in his auction and appreciating the fact that I can get just
what I want instead of buying a whole set.

A thank-you would be nice, sure, but if I didn't want to _share_ the
info I wouldn't put it up for people to download.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET