 General / 3529
RE: Motorized 5571
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:09:58 GMT

Doh! RC off course is a misnomer. I guess this would be a IRC Car.

The remote control was a quick kludge...if I didn't have so many other
projects in my head I would spend some time on a cool remote. This works
well inside and outside but does tend to stop if line-of-site is lost :(.

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Larry Pieniazek
Sent: Monday, March 29, 1999 3:58 PM
To: lugnet.general@lugnet.com; lugnet.off-topic.debate@lugnet.com;
lugnet.build@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Motorized 5571

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

How did you RC it? I have motorized a number of Technic models,
including using a Micro motor to allow steering, but have always used a
battery box and long connector wires to control it.

Er, ah, never mind. I see it was done with 2 RCXs and IR communication.
How well does that work non-line of sight?

What would be really cool would be to build a steering wheel coupled to
a rotation sensor (geared way down so one wheel turn is a lot of sensor
turns) so you could drive the steering motor directly, instead of using
your clever, but kludgy, hack of doing reverse and left at the same
time, etc.

--
Larry Pieniazek   http://my.voyager.net/lar
FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...