 General / 3477
Re: Who had the 5571 Inventory?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:37:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Edward Sanburn writes/wrote/has written:
I agree with John concerning the current state that most Lego
enthusiasts share, is the lack of bulk bricks from TLG, and the
necessity of buying certain sets. I don't buy sets for the future value
of them, I buy them to either have the set, or to use the parts. I don't
think I would EVER sell my sets unless I was in financial trouble. My
airport shuttle stays where it is, in my city, in parts, until I get
around to finishing it.

[SNIP]
Scott Sanburn

My sentiments exactly. Why, only last week I bought a 6285 Black Seas
Barracuda in a shop for the original price (appr. $ 100). I was _really_
tempted to auction it in Lugnet, but in the end I decided I wanted to be build
and put in a nice place. Right now it is standing on top of the TV, in plain
view and everybody, who sees it, says it is a great model.
My point: I know I could have sold it for a lot more than what I paid for it,
but that is not the way I want to 'experience' Lego.
But if I find a hard-to-get set that I already have in my collection, I don't
mind buying it and reselling it to fellow AFOLs at costprice or, even better,
trade it for other hard-to-get sets!

Just me, rambling on... (I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning)

Mark
"If it aint Lego, it don't count"