 General / 3476
Re: Name that goo!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:07:49 GMT

You just stepped on it. According to a post that I can't remember from who
(knows something about Enfield) it used by the machinery to distinguish back
and front sides of the minifig torsos. He also stated that this required for
screen printing the torso pattern to the correct side.

Selçuk

PS. What's the connection of the subject with Linda Blair..:-P

Eric Brok wrote in message ...

Tom McDonald wrote in message ...
what is that goo that is used on minifig neck posts? It seems like it's • used
to impose some sort of friction to keep heads from popping off or doing • that
Linda Blair thing..

I don't know what goo means, but I suppose you mean the blob of paint on • the
neck stud.
I always assumed this was used by the machine which puts on the head, to
'see' which side of the neck is the front. So in effect, to prevent • innocent
youth from finding Linda Blair minifigs right there in the box.

Eric Brok
Visit LEGO ON MY MIND:
http://www.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind
Mindstorms/Mind Control section: