 General / 3366
Re: Sharing Information for Profit.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 03:12:17 GMT

I saw a book on ebay a few months ago about the history of Lego. If I remember
correctly, the book was about 10 years old.Sorry I can't remember more.
Julie

Simon Robinson wrote:

Perhaps you and the other more knowledgeable guys around should see if there
is a way you could share your knowledge and make something out of it.
A book would be quite good - I know I for one would love to be able to
buy a book with lots of info about older lego.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:
Ya know, in the last 6 months I've shared a lot of information about my • knowledge of LEGO,
most of which is the 60's and 70's stuff that is not at all well documented. • However,
sometimes I'll share info about sloped bricks, windows & doors, rounded • bricks, etc.  I
have no qualms about sharing that info, but what galls me occasionally is to • find
something on an EBAY auction that is a direct result of something I (or Rob • Farver, Bill
Katz, Tore Erikkson, Larry Pieniazek, etc...)  might have said about rare • pieces or
Service Packs.  I see some people making a fast buck off our collective • knowledge base.  I
guess that there is no way to prevent this, but it does seem frustrating • sometimes.

I see no reason, however, to stop sharing info for the profit mentality of a • few.

Gary Istok