 Off-Topic / Debate / 705
Re: Who had the 5571 Inventory?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 20:34:16 GMT

For me the most notable reason why our little market isn't perfect is that • IMO we
are in a constant state of short supply on most elements (because of TLG's
unwillingness to offer bulk), not to mention that most sets are not available
through Lego anymore, and the new ones being offered (with notable • exceptions, of
course) are juniorized crap.  I keep coming back to the example of the $650 • dollar
airport shuttles.....Geez o'pete.

Err - I don't think that's quite relevant to the question of free markets.
Yes it's frustrating that TLG won't offer bulk and won't rerelease old
sets etc. But that doesn't stop it from being a free market. It simply
sets the framework within which the 'free' market for buying and selling
old lego sets works.

Any free market depends on there only being a limited supply of the
goods being traded. If there was a virtually unlimited supply (eg. as there
is for all practical purposes for the air we need to breathe) then there
wouldn't be a market at all. (How often do you see someone auctioning off
some more air...)  :)

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com