 General / 28530
Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 00:02:16 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Rose Regner writes:

Well, yes, your  comments and those of Richard.  Thankfully, I only see
Richard's posts on the web, and not my newsreader. ;-)

Fine, I'll just stop posting on LUGNET.

Very bad wording on my part... whoops.  And I'm out of my room too away from
the newsreader where I can cancel posts.

Rose - my comment about having a filter on Richard's messages was not aimed
as a slight against you.  It was expressing my dislike for the intensity and
sometimes offensiveness of his messages.  I'm sorry if you took it that way.
I believe you have really good opinions of LEGO and marketing, so does
Richard, he just goes about it in a way that I find offensive.  I think we
all agree for the most part, but its different methods of going about saying
something that upsets me.  I have not put any filter on your messages, and
based on your comments thus far I see no need to.

I'm sorry if I've offended you.

I'm very disappointed at LEGO's marketing plans, but I'm encouraged by • areas
like Direct.  I don't think its beneficial to any of us to slam LEGO, but
that could be more on an individual level.  People like Richard will not be
given weight by certain people in LEGO because of the offensive nature of
his comments.  They welcome honest comments (they've told me), but getting
personal at the employees and at other LUGNET members who differ in opinion
is a good way not to be taken seriously.

I think you just did this by the above statement.  Thanks for your input.

Ick...open mouth, insert foot.  I *really* wasn't thinking when I said this,
and didn't see that I was doing the very thing I said I didn't like.

Again, sorry, when I get back to my place I'll take care of that post.

-Tim