 General / 26644
Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:33:07 GMT

Matthias Jetleb wrote:

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:14:28 GMT, "Jake McKee"
<jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote:

There has been absolutely nothing agreed to about... all gaming software made only
for PCs
Actually, I think this is a valid worry on some people's parts, given
that Microsoft isn't really in the Macintosh market (or linux, etc.) -
More info will help.

How much more do you need?  The press release said that LEGO would be developing games
for the Xbox, not that Microsoft would take over making LEGO games.  Nobody thought
that Sony was merging with LEGO when Rock Raiders came out for the PSX...

As for Mac & Linux support...it's not something we were getting anyway, with the
exception of Robolab.

For instance, someone posted:
"They will likely roll the Mindstorms software into the next version of Windows"

See COMMENT #1. You can't really think this was serious??

I don't think he can take the chance.  Besides, I've seen too many people take a joke -
even an obvious joke - and run with it as if it *were* serious.  (Check out
http://news.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=4614 and the responses.)  So a little damage control
here is not a bad thing.