 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1626
Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:07:38 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Kirby Warden wrote:
     Maybe I should have wrote more, maybe I should have wrote less.
     With regards to my use of the word "merger", I used it to describe the
shared direction that Microsoft and Lego have taken.  In essence they have
merged, although on an official corporate level they have not.  At this time
I don't know what other word to use.

An agreement to exchange some technology and marketting is nowhere near
a merger. If that was a "merger", there probably would effectively be a
monopoly, a single "company" would serve the whole world.

     In his post, Jake seemed almost shocked at the discussion's results.
This disturbed me and I retaliated.  I don't believe he should be shocked or
embarressed.  He should, by now have come to expect it.

Yes, I've come to expect that anytime anyone announces something here on
Lugnet they get pissed on. We have people deciding it isn't worth
announcing sales or deals they've found because they get pissed on. TLC
gets pissed on for almost every announcement they make. If we keep it
up, TLC is just going to decide that we're a bunch of whiners and stop
telling us anything, and stop listening to us.

A while ago people were complaining about how Lugnet seems to be getting
less friendly, well this kind of junk is a lot of what is causing that
perception. I personally am getting really sick of some of the stuff
which goes on here.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com