 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1664
Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:25:21 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Ross Crawford writes:

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
I don't see this comment as useful in the context of this particular
discussion, even with the smiley. It shows your strong anti MS bias which • I
feel you need to make sure you are not letting color you when you act in • an
official LUGNet capacity. IMHO.

Well, I for one think "political correctness" is getting way to restrictive.
Why shouldn't Todd have as much right to express his opinion as anyone else
here, just 'cos he runs LUGNet (thanks, Todd!)? It's only opinion, after
all, no matter how many people agree or disagree with it.

And why shouldn't I have the right to point out irrational anti MS bias?
Especially when it's posted in a non useful way, as I said. Todd does have a
special responsibility to keep the line between his private persona and his
public one distinct.

Is he claiming that LUGNet officially has an anti MS bias, and therefore by
extension, an anti TLC bias, inasmuch as they have allied themselves in this
area? I don't think he is, but clarity is essential. Is he claiming that's
the view of the membership as a whole? It certainly isn't. I'm pretty sure
it is, but clarity is essential.

Just as the ToS requires official signatures from TLC employees when they
speak in their capacity as employees and not as private citizens, I think it
would be helpful if Todd were to sign his name differently when he is
speaking in an official capacity. Something he doesn't currently do.

FUT admin.general as this is an administrative question. But if you want to
debate why it's irrational and ineffective to be anti MS to the extent of
cutting your nose off to spite your face, take it up in .debate...

++Lar