 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1674
Re: 7171 tolerance (was: Not at all a pact with the devil... (values of TLC))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:59:00 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Ross Crawford writes:

Reinhard "Ben" Beneke <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message
While Lego bricks used to have a tolerance of less than a hundreds of a
millimeter, today the bricks look sometimes like this (with a 0,6 mm gap
between two bricks from 7171!):
This quality standard of bricks is not acceptable in my eyes.

I just checked this out, cos I hadnt seen a 7171 before. It's difficult to
tell conclusively from the image, but it looks to me like the studs still
line up fairly closely. So maybe theres a reason why they reduced the width
of this part? I can't think of one, but that doesn't mean there isn't
one....

If this was the only bended or wrong sized Lego® brick, I could live with that,
but take a look at the complete folder of this gallery: none of these bricks
has same quality as they have had in the past. :-(
And these are just a few out of thousands of poor quality bricks I bought
during the last year....

Regards,

Ben

I just keep looking at your IVAR shelves wondering when my Ikea is going to
get in a shipment of corner units.

junior