 General / 26643
Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 06:53:25 GMT

I think TLC would likely "Juniorize" the place. *shudder*

Hmm.  This would mean that there would be a large number of newsgroups,
each specially designed for a specific purpose.

I know what it would be like, because I've visted www.lego.com.

I would have to use a WWW interface only (no NNTP etc) and to select a
particular newgroup, I would have to click a large image representing that
group. The download of these images would take so long that I would probably
get bored and walk away.

However, if I eventually got to the newsgroup, I would get a WWW page with
images representing each lego-related concept, so I could compose my message
by clicking on each image/concept. So, I would click on a picture of a
particular set (in a monster scrolling list of all the sets) and then a
picture of a happy face. This would mean I liked that set.

Then I'd click on a picture of a little old lady clutching a parcel and one
of a Christmas tree to say that Grandma gave me the set for Christmas. Or
I'd use the birthday cake picture to indicate it was a birthday present.
Then click dog-lying-dead-on-the-floor-with-a-lump-in-his-throat to say that
my dog ate some bricks, choked, and died. Then click the sad face.

Welcome to LUGnet Junior! :-)

Kerry