 General / 26281
26280  |  26282
Subject:
What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 15:33:47 GMT

Hello,

**Warning: Hypothetical situation only!**

I was speaking with a friend last night and we were wondering what would
happen if TLC bought the rights to Lugnet?

Given:

1. The recurring examples of TLC staff refering customers to Lugnet,

2. TLC personnel using the Lugnet database as an internal tool for research,

3. Many succesful enterprises have been bought by or merged with their
competition (The Hotmail/Microsoft example comes to mind),

4. That practically every Lego-related webpage (most of the big ones anyway)
on the net are linked to Lugnet,

5. Lugnet has succeded (where the official Lego site has not) in becoming
the center (I know there are others, 1000.steine comes to mind) of the Lego
Community on the Web.

How long before TLC decides they want in?

Say, tomorrow morning, TLC went to Todd and Suzanne with a check for 10
million dollars (Hypothetical number) and said we wish to purchase the
rights to your website. How would we, the community, react?

I wish to reiterate that this post is *hypothetical* and was not written to
start flame wars or to demonize anybody, but to simply ask what if...?

KZ