 General / 21300
Re: LEGO Desk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:31:55 GMT

He probably wanted studs on top so he could build on it.

KL

In lugnet.general, James J. Trobaugh writes:
I would think the client would put a piece of glass over the top to make it
smooth.

I think I'd like to have one with some road plates built into it. Then you
could build some little towns while you're on a conference call or something.
Image the person on the other end of the phone hearing you rattle through a
box of bricks.. ha!

jt

In lugnet.general, Mike Poindexter writes:
I think it is not a rare request, as Rosie O'Donnel was wanting one as well.

I guess it would have to be glued if she was planning on sitting on it...

Mike

PS:  Wouldn't the studs be unconfortable to set your arms on?  You would get
bump patterns and it would look pretty bad, plus it is not easy to write on.

Mike Walsh <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message

"Eric Harshbarger" <eric@ericharshbarger.org> wrote in message

There have been a couple of posts lately (including one of my own)
showing off miniature models of office spaces and desks.

Well, here's what happens when someone asks for a LEGO desk that's
actually life-sized:

http://www.ericharshbarger.org/lego/desk.html

eric

Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org

"Oh please, if people are going to start telling the truth around
here... I'm going to bed." - Jackie-O (Parker Posey, THE HOUSE OF YES)

First - I love the desk.

Second - I swear that last night I saw an article that mentioned that • Eric's
client was in Seattle but I can't seem to find the original.  I am in • Sweden
this week and between the time difference and really good bear, I may have
dreamed it up but in case I didn't - I couldn't help but think the the
client was Jeff Bezos (Amazon.com - Seattle based, documented LEGO-Maniac,
and certainly has the cash for it).

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com