 General / 21493
Re: Eric's Desk makes Page 1 of the Globe and Mail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:23:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
SRC <SteveRC@StarTrekMail.com> wrote:
I too found that very interesting.  As 10% of the market - and certainly
the pickiest 10% - perhaps we can now hope for better sets...

I wanna know where that figure came from before I can believe it.

Perhaps it just means that 1 in 10 buyers is an adult.  This would not
be surprising at all, and we would be wrong to presume that all adults
are buying it for themselves like we do.  In any event, how would they
track something like that?  When you go through the checkout line, does
the girl ask if it's for yourself?  You know - A way that might work would
be to track multiple purchases versus single purchases.  Only an AFOL
is going to buy several sets at once (for the most part anyway) right?

SRC