 Events / BrickFest / *1558 (-100)
  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

(...) As most rtlToronto folk joke, I'll manage and organize anything (including a rowdy bunch like the ones we have here in Toronto). But I think the plan would be to examine the instructions for highly parallelizable tasks, identify critical path (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

(...) I've built it. I'm not sure I need the responsibility of being the group organizer, but I can certainly review the instructions to visualize the proper way to proceed. Adrian (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 1000steineland building record for Star Destroyer

Hi Jan-Albert, for sure - first our dutch friends will beat them ;-). OK, american LEGO fans, your welcome! Try harder! Just seeing the sweat pearls on their skin - he-he. Let the bricks roll, (not from the desk... oh sorry this is british, for the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

(...) Also, How many people that have responded to this thread have actually built the Star Destroyer? I know I have not... Jeff VW (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

It can be beat! IT WILL BE BEAT! We need 10 of our finest, fastest builders and the Germany record will be gone! Has anyone volunteered to be the coach/manager yet? Not that I want the job. I just curious to see if anyone is going to get the team (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

(...) The United States is home the the great Henry Ford, inventor of the production line. We will prevail! As long as someone organizes us. Aaron (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

BRING IT ON! ;) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BrickFest Sumo competition

BrickFest is almost upon us. One of the highlights will be the Sumo competition on Sunday. If you are planning on taking part, then you need to know; The beacons will be infrared emitters - provided by the organizers. The detectors may be; your own (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 1000steineland building record for Star Destroyer

(...) Can I have a go? :-P Pedro (already looking for a cheap plane ride to NL) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 1000steineland building record for Star Destroyer

(...) Dirk, never mind... LEGOWorld is 3 months away and SHOULD those Americans manage to beat the time set during 1000Steineland, I'm sure 3 months of practise will then at least land the record back to Europe :D (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer? World Record

(...) Ha! Me and my fellow-builder Jan-Albert attended the Berlin 1000SteineWelt. We build the Pirates-part of the display. The 10 Destroyer builders had NO plan, NO training and only seen the thing in the showroom of Lego Direct! Nutricion was oké, (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

What! Noooo! We will have to break out with our super weapon! TOM STANGL Known as the Stanglator 3000 !!! or ST3 (URL) Made of an all new top secret alloy frame, the Stanglator 3000 will prevail! The Challange is up! Good Job on the new time! Eric (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

(...) Ditto. I wonder if there will be enough to perhaps have more than 1 team doing it? Adrian (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  1000steineland building record for Star Destroyer

Hi Jake, please keep in mind that none of the 10 persons - as far as I know - had ever build this set before. So they have not trained this! By the way the 1000steineland was the most exciting event ever happened in Europe. It was very well (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

(...) I missed this at BricksWest, so I'd be in to giving it a try.... Jeff VW (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

(...) That does sound like fun. And given that it shouldn't take much more than an hour to do, I'm sure I could pull myself away from the Mindstorms/Technic room for a bit... or maybe that's where it would be held... Steve (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer? World Record

(...) DONUTS-- The breakfast (pronounced "Brickfest";-) of Champions! (with apologizes to John Belushi) JOHN (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  LEGO Fans in Germany set NEW Star Destroyer™ World Record

As most of you remember, I'm sure, BricksWest attendees built the Imperial Star Destroyer in 1 hour 43 minutes. Quite a feat...one I rubbed in to my European counterpart, Kate Sutch. Last Saturday, July 5th, 10 German LEGO Fans took on the challenge (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  [rtlToronto] Brickfest Pipe Racers Rules Updated

Hey folks, I have updated the BrickFest Pipe Racers website: (URL) useful info from Doug Carlson about a PVC equivalent to the 5806SR. It's not a perfect match, but it should work okay. There's also an example track configuration picture (the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Woo Hoo! BrickFest is going to ROCK!

"David "Fuzzy" Gregory" <crazylegoman@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:HHqs4I.1AMB@lugnet.com... (...) butt. (...) borders, (...) I sure hope that those parts don't get "smuggled" into the K-8 Room! Troy (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Woo Hoo! BrickFest is going to ROCK!

(...) Too late. We all think that Tim is a sick weirdo who shoves toys up his butt. If you are at some point forced to smuggle LEGOS accross internaional borders, then MAYBE it's OK, but just for the 'Fest? NASTY! (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: RC RACERS at BrickFest!

(...) I'd have to go with Calum on this one. I'd like to do some type of RC Racer thing, like a figure 8 race, but I've already committed some of my parts to other projects. But still, it would be cool to spend one session (that doesn't require much (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC RACERS at BrickFest!

(...) See my previous post: (URL) for ideas. Happy to help, as long as the rules are really only used for BrickFest. My idea was for an internet based competition, however. Use the rules however you wish. Any, all, none at all. Max (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Woo Hoo!!! BrickFest is going to ROCK!

(...) True, but rearanging the letters does spell Tim Courtney.... I wont even try to dig up the rtlToronto thread where this was started... Jeff VW (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Woo Hoo!!! BrickFest is going to ROCK!

(...) Hmmmm, maybe it's the generation gap starting to show, but "Toy In Rectum" doesn't always signal a good time in my mind. jt (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: RC RACERS at BrickFest!

(...) I'm just worried we'd be spreading the audience a little thin between this, PipeRacers and all the stuff John Barnes is doing... ...I will be putting the final PipeRacers rules up tonight. Calum (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  RC RACERS at BrickFest!

I had asked this question a little while ago, and I did not get much resopnse, so I am trying again. Would there be an intrest in having a RC Racer compition at BrickFest? Here is what I was thinking: Where: We use the lobby area on the First floor (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Woo Hoo!!! BrickFest is going to ROCK!

(...) Yes, Toy In Rectum is registered ;-) Can't wait for the fest!! -Tim (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Woo Hoo!!! BrickFest is going to ROCK!

There are currently 200 people signed up to go to the fest! Are you one of them? Jeff VW (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Call for club links

(...) Dixie LEGO Users Group Garden State Lego User Groug (...) Indianapolis Lego Users Group (...) Mid South LEGO Users Group (...) Seattle Mindstorms™ and Robotic Techies (...) Several clubs and organizations have recently sent me their button (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org)

  hand radios @ BrickFest

Last year, John "FuzzFace" McMahon brought his hand radios to BrickFest and they were a huge help during set up (Thursday night and Friday). John will not be attending the event this year and I am hoping that someone else might have 4-5 and would be (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Arlingtion Hilton still 65

(...) I did it on Thursday and the deal was there, it was $63 if I made a deposit of one night, and $65 with out the deposit. jt (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Arlingtion Hilton still 65

(...) We just registered for brickfest and reserved our room at the Arlington Hilton, you can still get the $65 rate. You may need to go through the main hilton site (URL) Put in Arlington, Virginia then select the Hotel and the dates and it should (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Roommate sought (was Re: Arlington Hilton prices...

(...) This deal seems to no longer be available, when I tried via the web I got much higher prices. It may become available again soon, or maybe I was doing something wrong. I have secured a place Thursday-Sun nite (check out Monday) at the Crystal (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest BricxCC presentation

Is there any interest in a Brickfest presentation about Bricx Command Center? I am thinking that an overview of its new features and its support for various languages might be something the MindStorms AFOLs might find useful. But then maybe it's (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest, here I come

I don't know what has possessed me, but I've booked a flight to BWI from Nashville and reserved a room at the Arlington Hilton. Now I just have to register at brickfest.com. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll either have to rent a car or find some (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest registration Extended! 6 days Left!

(...) Hay! Sunday admission is $5 and can be paid at the door. Although pre-registration is not required, if you would like for your friend to have a nametag, then just send an email to registration@brickfest.com. NAME: City: State: thats about all (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest registration Extended! 6 days Left!

(...) Hey all! Just curious (and sorry if this has been answered, as I have been away from this newsgroup for a while)... If someone has a non-Lego-friend who wishes to visit BF just for Sunday, can they pay the reg fee at the door? Or is (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Roll up, roll up!

(...) <snip> (...) Me too! I can't wait! -TJ (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Roll up, roll up!

BrickFest will include a Technic/Mindstorms MOC room this year. This will be your chance to show off your latest "really cool model" or "really wacky gizmo". So get those studded beams, technic pins and axle connectors geared up and bring your best. (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Place to crash Thursday night?

(...) It just so happens that I found a hotel on (URL) last night for $57 a night. This hotel also offers shuttle service to the claredon metro station from 9am to noon. Now if I am correct and I hope I am, that metro station is about a block from (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.dc)

  Re: Place to crash Thursday night?

(...) Dunno about Thursday night (I'm also looking for somewhere for then) but if you don't find anything else, I'm sure Bram and I will be willing to give you a piece of the floor in our room for you to crash on. I've got a room for us at the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.dc)

  Re: Call for Mecha Creations / Misc. MOCs Room

(...) Name: Kevin Clague # of Mocs/Area Needed: 8-10 MOCs, 4x5 foot area Power needed: N Description: optional (URL) caterpillar using my new asynchronous design technique. (URL) of my most aggressive bipeds ever. (URL) built out of Dark Side (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Place to crash Thursday night?

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:HHCuK0.vLx@lugnet.com... (...) hotel (...) Is (...) (or a (...) plans (...) GMU to (...) stuff (...) place if (...) you (...) I'm looking for a place to stay Thursday night as well. Well not to (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.dc)

  Any Canadians going down to BrickFest 2003?

Hey folks, Are there any other Canadians going down to BrickFest 2003? There's a contigent of eight of us from Toronto going down, but I don't see any other Canadian names. Quick, you only have like four more days to register! Calum (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: Call for Mecha Creations / MOCs Room

(...) ===...=== Mecha / MOC Room Room 246 Bricks Fest 2003 ===...=== Name: (URL) Eric Sophie> (URL) Biomechanical Bricks> # of Mocs/Area Needed: 3x8ft. and one floor level 4x4 area. Power needed: Y Y/N Description: Mecha / Robots optional (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Call for Mecha Creations / Misc. MOCs Room

As Brick Fest draws near, let's round up the Mecha Creations for the Mecha Room / MOC Display. I'd like to help coordinate and we have been kindly given a room just for Mecha and other MOCs. If you would like to show Mecha or MOCs at Brick Fest (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Please sign me up for presentations

(...) With the site implementation, you mean. IE doesn't make misteaks. :-) Just ask Bill! ++Lar (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Place to crash Thursday night?

All - I'm looking for a place to crash Thursday night before BrickFest. I have hotel arrangements with a roommate but that room is only reserved for Fri-Sun. Is there anyone local who can put me up for a night? A couch or a recliner (or a floor if (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.dc)

  Re: Please sign me up for presentations

On 10.31 7/1/2003 +0000, Kevin L. Clague wrote (...) Go directly to the brickfest database at www.wildlink.com/fest . The "kick back" problem is a known problem with IE... :-/ (...) --- wubwub aka stephen f roberts wildbrick.com - Jain's Guide : (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Please sign me up for presentations

Christina, I've tried several times to sign up for presentations for BrickFest. Every time I log in, it says I've succesfully logged in, and then kicks me back out to the login screen. I've prepared three presentations: LPub, LSynth and Pneumatics. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Big Layout at BF?

(...) There will always be room for more LEGO. Last year we had a few gaps and we did not even set up all the tables that are available to us. If we can't make room on a particular layout then we will find another great space to display the MOC's. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  extra Globe for sale at Brickfest

Hi all, I just thought I'd mention that I have an extra 15" globe built after this event: (URL) globe is a duplicate of my creation as detailed here: (URL) I've actually built this second globe twice, now (the first time to hand draw building (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest registration Extended! 6 days Left!

For thoes of you who are 'sitting on the fence' trying to decided to go to BrickFest or not, consider this a sign! Registration has been extended by one week! That means you should attend! Really, It does! ;) BrickFest is the priemere Lego event in (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: Consensus for Table Barriers at BrickFest??

(...) Good question. I had not thought about it, actually... I could see different clubs going with their preference, I suppose. (...) I would be interested in other people's thoughts on this... leaving it off makes the layouts more uniform in (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Big Layout at BF?

(...) I am. (...) There have been several clubs that have indicated participation. (...) You should work within your local club to coordinate your contribution within their overall participation, unless for some reason you are not part of a local (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Big Layout at BF?

(...) This is a very good question and one which seems to need answering soon. How is a potential attendee at BrickFest to know if he/she should show up with 32x32 studs worth of something, or 96x96 studs worth of something to contribute to the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Big Layout at BF?

Who is orchestrating the big layout at Brickfest? Is this open to all registered participants to contribute to, etc.? I saw the post a while ago to contribute, but there wasn't anything else after that (at least, I didn't think there was). I'm a (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Consensus for Table Barriers at BrickFest??

For the lobby area big train display, I am wondering what the opinions are regarding table barriers. Brickfest, to me, is an event where table barriers are not really necessary for purposes of keeping fingers off of the Lego. But the open to the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Looking for someone who can print posters for Brickfest

(...) I'm still looking for someone to help on this. Thanks Cale (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Arlington Hilton prices...

(...) Is overnight parking permitted in the GMU lot?? If yes, I would like to leave my car parked at GMU and walk back and forth to the Hilton. I did it last year a few times and I survived the journey. [1] __Kevin Salm__ [1] At a fast pace, the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Arlington Hilton prices...

(...) The Arlingtn Hilton is a nice hotel and close to the 'fest but they do charge for parking, so if you'll have a car there be aware. But $63 might be worth the extra cost for parking. (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Arlington Hilton prices...

(...) Which hotel are you staying at Thursday night, just for curiosity's sake? I've had the Hilton booked for Friday through Sunday nights for a while now, but I'm still contemplating coming into town on Thursday night. However, the hilton rate (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) Nah, the Reverend already built the Lord. Think of something original, man! ;) Hmm. Has anyone made a chapel module for the Moonbase? :) Steve (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) Fellow BrickFest Attendees, I found this hotel deal sometime back and booked it. I just looked in on (URL) expedia.com> and it's still available for the last minute attendees... Quality Hotel Arlington - Expedia three star hotel 1200 N Court (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Arlington Hilton prices...

I just checked prices for the Arlingtn Hilton and Towers and found out that they have an internet special price for 63.00/night, checkin Friday, checkout Sunday! So if you haven't got a room yet, check online! And if you have already got a room at (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) Simon, I'm an NC person, and the road directions from Greensboro are really easy: I-85 North to Richmond, then I-95 North until you get there:) (actually, getting around in Arlington was the trick for me...Mapquest was a little fuzzy). I did a (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) OK, I've taken the plunge. Now I need to book some flights or I may not make it! Are there any other non-North American attendees this year? My plan is to visit my friend Damian and his wife in North Carolina and then come up for BF - As I'm (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) Ok, This thumbnail is in order. (URL) e (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

On 18.34 6/27/2003 +0000, Larry Pieniazek wrote (...) ...Oh man oh man how much fun would that be... not only do we all get to hang out and drink... but we could do it in a build room.... woohoo... (...) sorking and sorking away... Except for the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) (emphasis added...) (...) Bars... (not that any of us drink!) Theaters... (if you're not getting enough comedy here) Museums (for the NLSOs... we all already know everything) And don't forget fleshpots! (It IS the nation's capital, after all.) (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) Yes, that was a fun evening.... in general, one of my favorite parts about the gatherings are the after hours chitchat. For those of you that will be attending for the first time, there are lots of great restaurants, pool halls and other (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) "louder," "louder," "softer," "softer." "hey look we've got our shields up!" -Tim (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) We could always try to find a jazz bar with outside fire pits, live music and Sante Fe's flying by... Ahhhh The Memories! Jeff VW (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) I can see us all around a bonfire, singing Kumbaya... "Someone's building Lord, kumbaya..." -Tim (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

I might actually get to come this year if I can afford the registration fee. Though there is still the matter of spending money I gotta save... :^) -Stefan--"Can't buy Lego now so I can buy Lego later"-G. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) Hello Tim, I'd very much like to be there but I can't... Hopefully I can come to the States next year; I'll try to visit one of the main fests then!? See you in Zwolle this October! (?) A great fest'o'bricks to all of you who will be able to (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) Well.... there aren't any CURRENTLY on the events calendar, AFAIK, but you could always add one if you wanted to. *anybody* can propose events! Might take a bit of a road trip out of town to find a place to light bonfires though! :-) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:HH3H79.17HD@lugnet.com... (...) gonna (...) Just registered! Now just need to get that plane ticket and find somebody to room with. :-) SPACE!! [ j o n ] -- (URL) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) Ugg, I sent mine today! made it. made it. made it. Dang it we need a song, a MOC Packing Song, like a drum chant count down to the FEST! Brick Fest! Btw, this is my first BF, is there any bon fires and climbing trees with face paint? (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) Now, if the 'register' page would only accept one of my current email addresses as being valid... I guess it doesn't like underscore characters in email addresses, so 'gmltc_j1' at y! dot com isn't good enough... JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) Hay Larry, When are you going to get me that info ;-)? heheee.. thanks again for helping out with this. Christina (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) Brickfest is SO going to rock this year! It gets better and better every year. Just go scope out the event calendar and then factor in that I haven't added any of the rail events yet... Be there or be square! (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) Seriously folks, you want to come to BrickFest. If not for the seminars, events, workshops, shopping deals (those are good reasons too), come for the people: Going to BrickFest lets you meet all those names you've seen for years on rtl or (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Only 3 days left to register...

(...) Well I was hoping to go but unfortunately I will not be able to. <sigh> So I guess I'll just have to wait untill next year. -Mike Petrucelli (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Only 3 days left to register...

...and there's only 138 registered attendees! Come on guys, BrickFest is gonna be amazing! Get off your rears and register :-) www.brickfest.com Can't wait to see you there! -Tim (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  AOL Problems

It looks like AOL has decided that BrickFest is a spammer and is now blocking the emails of the BrickFest database. This may explain why some of you with AOL accounts have been having problems... :-( I'm working the issue, but not sure if/when it (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: New Moonbase Std Door

(...) speaking of which, is there going to be a revisit/evolution of the MoonBase standards at BrickFest this year? -paul (2 URLs) Paul Hartzog (URL) Et In Arcadia Lego> (custom sig image courtesy of CGidd) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Getting ready to engrave

New spiffy fun on your fest info page www.wildlink.com/fest/fest.php It now includes an image of what your BrickFest 2003 badge will look like (approximately, of course). We are going to send the list of people to the engraver soon, so it'd be a (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  Re: Looking for someone who can print posters for Brickfest

(...) I'm not sure yet. Maybe 10 to 20. (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Looking for someone who can print posters for Brickfest

How many? (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  MOC Display Cards for BrickFest

Rather than do what I should have done - Namely: fix the core engine running the BrickFest Database - I instead worked on getting the Display Card function ready to run! On your Fest Info page (www.wildlink.com/fe...fest.php), you now have the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general)

  Re: shootinbricks

(...) Hi guys! I forgot how to type my own email address! How embarrassing! I did figure it out and fixed it on my own- I wasn't aware it made the news til I got a heads up from an alert friend :) Sorry for the confusion! Doug (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: shootinbricks

On 17.48 6/22/2003 +0000, Greg Perry wrote (...) This was coming out of the brickfest account system. (_really_ got to fix that code :-) He'll need to re-create his account... that'd be the easiest way to fix it... (hopefully he's watching here :-) (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

(...) I'm interested in playing some LEGO Basketball at BrickFest. I had thought I might go ahead and purchase the new arena set and bring that along (also have a bunch of the smaller sets that I'll bring for practice and after hours alcohol-fueled (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: shootinbricks

(...) Hey Stephen - try "shootin_bricks" instead of "shootinbricks" - that's what Doug currently has on his site for the contact address at hotmail. (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  shootinbricks

I've gotten two bounce messages from shootinbricks@hotmail.com its tellin me that the mailbox doesnt exist... --- wubwub aka stephen f roberts wildbrick.com - Jain's Guide : Promoting more than just the MOC (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

(...) No, that would be football; the game where you run around kicking a ball with your feet (mostly)! SteveH (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

How about a medieval/castle trebuchet contest? It would take up a lot of room, but it would be a lot of fun too. I guess it wouldn't really be a presentation, unless somebody who's really good at building LEGO trebuchets wanted to show everyone the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest

(...) There was also Rob Stehlik's "Monkey Entry" at RTL9 (Show me the Moneky). He built his on a "battery box" principle. Now internal processing...No RCX or other like system. The battery box controlled the power, and it shut itself by itself when (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact