 Events / BrickFest / 1494
Re: BrickFest Hotel info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:30:00 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock wrote:
   I’ve been getting a few questions about hotels near the event location.

For those of you that will be attending BrickFest for the first time, the BrickFest event is held at the George Mason University - Arlington Campus. The closest hotels to GMU are listed on the BrickFest web site.

We have been asked, why we did not make a block reservation at a hotel. We researched the areas hotels and found that it would be cheaper for the participants if they made their own reservations. This is because the online quote is less then the price they would give us for a block of rooms. Also you would not have the option of using frequent flyer miles or other points to reduce the cost of your room.

It has come to my attention that some online sites have pretty good deals. For example http://www.hotwire.com resulted in 4 options.. $69 per night, $55 per night, $98 per night, and $52. per night.. The search criteria used was for August 7th to August 10th.

We will provide luggage storage at the fest for people who can’t check into their hotel until Friday afternoon or need to check out by 11:00 on Sunday.

I wish you all the best and please, if any of you find great deals on hotels let the rest of us know..

Christina Hitchcock BrickFest

Fellow BrickFest Attendees,

I found this hotel deal sometime back and booked it. I just looked in on expedia.com and it’s still available for the last minute attendees...

Quality Hotel Arlington - Expedia three star hotel

1200 N Court House Rd

Arlington, VA 22201

$60 a night with free parking if you book the room 8/7 thru 8/10. That’s 25% off rate, you can get 2-4 people in to a room and it’s less than a one mile away from GMU. If your driving or renting a car, this could be your best bet?

I’d link you right to it, but thier pages expire fast. But you can look for it your self at expedia.com

See you at BF,

Robin W