 Events / BrickFest / 1261
1260  |  1262
Subject:
BrickFest Hotel info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:22:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I've been getting a few questions about hotels near the event location.

For those of you that will be attending BrickFest for the first time,
the BrickFest event is held at the George Mason University - Arlington
Campus.  The closest hotels to GMU are listed on the BrickFest web site.

We have been asked, why we did not make a block reservation at a hotel.
We researched the areas hotels and found that it would be cheaper for
the participants if they made their own reservations.  This is because the
online quote is less then the price they would give us for a block of
rooms.   Also you would not have the option of using frequent flyer
miles or other points to reduce the cost of your room.

It has come to my attention that some online sites have pretty good
deals. For example http://www.hotwire.com resulted in 4 options.. $69 per
night, $55 per night, $98 per night, and $52. per night..   The search
criteria used was for August 7th to August 10th.

We will provide luggage storage at the fest for people who can't check into
their hotel until Friday afternoon or need to check out by 11:00 on Sunday.

I wish you all the best and please, if any of you find great deals on
hotels let the rest of us know..

Christina Hitchcock
BrickFest