 Events / BrickFest / 1507
Re: Big Layout at BF?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 01:29:08 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, John Barnes wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Stefan Garcia wrote:
Who is orchestrating the big layout at Brickfest?  Is this
open to all registered participants to contribute to, etc.?

I saw the post a while ago to contribute, but there wasn't anything else after
that (at least, I didn't think there was).

I'm a latecomer to this Brickfest and I'm having to get stuff together in a
scramble, so any info would be much appreciated.

-Stefan-

This is a very good question and one which seems to need answering soon.

How is a potential attendee at BrickFest to know if he/she should show up with
32x32 studs worth of something, or 96x96 studs worth of something to contribute
to the grand layout?

Travel to BrickFest, for most of us, is a major exercise in itself, so it would
be nice to be able to guage how much or how little to bring.

I tend to wonder (worry) if some people may err on the side of caution just in
case the display may not have room for their stuff and bring less than they
might otherwise. Will there be another room for "town like" stuff which doesn't
make the grade onto the grand layout?

JB
There will always be room for more LEGO. Last year we had a few gaps and we did
not even set up all the tables that are available to us.  If we can't make room
on a particular layout then we will find another great space to display the
MOC's.

Christina Hitchcock
BrickFest