 Events / BrickFest / 1464
Re: What type of presentations do you want to see at Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 18:03:56 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
   What type of competitions/panels/discussions do you want to see at brickfest?

   Soccer or Basketball Competitions

I’m interested in playing some LEGO Basketball at BrickFest. I had thought I might go ahead and purchase the new arena set and bring that along (also have a bunch of the smaller sets that I’ll bring for practice and after hours alcohol-fueled competitions). I don’t necessarily want to get involved in some weekend-spanning tournament that would distract me from other events but definitely would be interested in a few games.

Stop Motion Animation - has anyone volunteered to conduct an “Intro to Animation” session this year? If not, I could put something simple together - between my laptop and camera I could come up with a fairly portable “studio” that would allow me to create some quick animations on the spot.

Landscaping with LEGO (or “My Plastic Garden”) - I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a presentation about creating plants/trees/flowers and landscaping with LEGO elements? I’ve really enjoyed creating a variety of plants for my Brickenbloom House & Gardens MOC and thought that folks might be interested in getting a closer look at some of these plants and trees. I’d also like to pick up some tips from others since I plan to keep expanding this creation.

Those are my current ideas for fun at BrickFest.

Greg