 Dear LEGO / 5548
Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 07:43:23 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Elroy Davis wrote:
   Well, this one is Batwoman, but the concept would be the same. Catwoman’s face under Batman’s cowl works pretty well.

I did something similar, but went more towards the classic Batgirl design. Catwoman’s body and head (yellow-corrected, of course), Batman’s cape and cowl, and one of the gold batsymbols from the Arkham sticker sheet (with the black border very carefully trimmed off so it’d actually fit on her torso). I’d really be much happier with a batsymbol sticker that was half as wide as the one I used, since it wouldn’t completely conceal the female figure lines from the Catwoman torso. It’d also really be neat to add a shock of red hair to the back of the Batman cowl, but that’d be a very involved process, and I don’t currently have my customization tools handy (soon, though, once we’ve finished remodeling my new place and I can actually move in). I’ve never done anything quite that extensive in the LEGO format, but it’d be interesting to give it a try. And it’d really cut down on the confusion at shows (“Look mom, it’s Batman on top of that building!” “It’s not Batman. Batman does not wear lipstick. That’s Batgirl. Batman’s in the Batwing over on the corner of the layout.” Lather, rinse, repeat). Even so, I’d really prefer to see an official Batgirl minifig, even if I’d still end up using my own custom design. They made Robin. I fixed him. They made Nightwing. I fixed him too. And I’ll happily fix an official Batgirl, if they should ever get around to releasing one.