 Dear LEGO / 5537
Re: Building equality one female minifig at a time.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:27:23 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
forum to say "I am not convinced you are doing enough."

I heartily agree. I have always thought that females were sadly underrepresented
in LEGO sets.  I would like to see more female minifigs in med-large sets
alternate female heads and headgear in the majority of sets.

I'm not worried so much about the "overly madeup" faces of lego minifigs. Most
minifig faces -male and female- are exagerated and caricatured, and I don't
think girls will be getting their style cues from LEGO.

What I do want to see is sets that reflect a LEGO world (hopefully leading to a
real world) that a girl can look at and see that females can be s police
officers, construction workers, pilots, racecar drivers, space exploreres,  etc.
etc.