 Dear LEGO / 3836
Re: If you could leave any book on Kjeld's nightstand...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 15:16:33 GMT

If you could leave -any- book on Kjeld's nightstand for him to read tonight,
what would it be?

I would leave children's books:

"The Story of King Arthur and His Knights" by Howard Pyle
"The Story of Sir Lancelot and His Companions" by Howard Pyle
"The Story of the Grail and the Passing of Arthur" by Howard Pyle

"Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson
"Kidnapped" by Robert Louis Stevenson

"Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea" by Jules Verne
"Around the World in Eighty Days" by Jules Verne

"The Three Musketeers" by Alexandre Dumas
"The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas

Arabian Nights

Following the example of Harry Potter - Lego should mix reading and building.
Lego could team up with a publisher or two and produce quality paperback
books for children that included a Lego minifigure of the main character(s).
Supporting sets could be made.  If I read about the green knight - i could
get a knight in full green armor.  Scenes out of a book such as the cell of
Edmund Dantes could be made.  Larger sets such could be the Nautilus with
Captain Nemo and his crew.

I guess I just got onto a "If I ran Lego rant" but reading is extremely
important for developing young minds (just as Lego can help with creativity).
Why not combine these two?

Ben