 General / 36134
Re: If you could leave any book on Kjeld's nightstand...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 04:32:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Here's a question - for no special reason but fun:

If you could leave -any- book on Kjeld's nightstand for him to read
tonight, what would it be?

I guess I was thinking along the lines of,
Steven Levy's "Insanely Great"
because I wish Kjeld were the Steve Jobs of toys.

Or, perhaps....

"Steve Jobs: The Journey is the Reward" by Jeffrey S. Young.

But then I also wish Steve Jobs was in charge at LEGO.  :)

But perhaps he'd re-read that other little book...
  "Mindstorms: Children, Computers, and Powerful Ideas"
   by Seymour Papert and John Sculley

Or maybe he'd enjoy something like,
"101 Quality Toys You Can Make"

Or in the case of LEGO....

"101 Quality Toys You Used to Make"

History is a wonderful teacher.

[sigh] I dunno, if it were a LEGO-related book, it'd have to be left open to
a page with their original Core Values prominantly visible.

Wasn't this supposed return to core values a prominent issue in Charles
Fishman's article Why LEGO Can't Click?
(http://www.fastcompany.com/online/50/lego.html) Was this ever truly adopted
within the company?

Oh Ok, I'll stop being sarcastic...

Nothing wrong with a bit of sarcasm now and then.  :)

All the best,
Allan B.