 General / 36112
Re: If you could leave any book on Kjeld's nightstand...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:30:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

If you could leave -any- book on Kjeld's nightstand for him to read
tonight, what would it be?

_The Timeless Way of Building_ by Christopher Alexander

I guess I was thinking along the lines of,
Steven Levy's "Insanely Great"
because I wish Kjeld were the Steve Jobs of toys.

Yes!  It would be way cool if they hired Jobs to captain the ship.

[snip]
I'd really like to leave a fun children's book, like
  Richard Scarry's "What Do People Do All Day?"
It's still a favorite of mine.

Yeah!  But if you go looking for it today (and you can find it at all) you find
this thin little abridged viersion.  The one I had as a kid was twice as thick
and they cut some of the coolest stuff.  :-(

-Suz  (who has a fantasy of LEGO licencing Busytown)

I want Huckle, Lowly, and the rest...Fabuland style.

Chris