 General / 36132
Re: If you could leave any book on Kjeld's nightstand...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 03:02:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.general, Ben Ellermann writes:

reading is extremely important for developing young minds

How so?

Chris

Chris.... you're joking.  Right?

I would extend this statement to say that reading is not only important for
developing minds, but for all minds regardless of age.

I personally find that people who don't enjoy reading (and therefore don't
do it on their own, without prompting) are generally less able to comprehend
complex ideas, possess a less developed vocabulary, are more likely to use
the words they do know incorrectly.  Reading isn't just important for a
healthy mind, it's essential.

All the best,
Allan B.