 Castle / 20800 (+100)
  Re: A whole plethora of Castle MOCs...

(...) Nathan, This is indeed a plethora! I like your lairs, from the beginning images they look like a plain landscape, nothing more to see, then you notice the hidden entrances. The Royal Privy makes me laugh, especially the scatological parts. The (...) (20 years ago, 25-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Time to turn on the spotlight.

At the behest of Samarth, crossposting our contest to the various groups (I hate when I forget to crosspost the first time). (2 URLs) -Stefan- (20 years ago, 25-Mar-05, to lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Celtic Cottage

(...) Hi, I like the concept of this but wonder if it would look better with two ramps on each side (more depth) though this might be more along the lines of your previous long-house.... Still great though. God Bless, Nathan (20 years ago, 25-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A whole plethora of Castle MOCs...

(...) Hi, Everybody seems to like that one (it won its category in the classic-castle comp.) Though I consider the woodsmen lair to be my best ever MOC... Thanks for your imput. God Bless, Nathan (20 years ago, 25-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A whole plethora of Castle MOCs...

Hi, (...) I like lego landscapes a lot... but they always seem incomplete until you throw in a lair : ) (...) Ahh, a compliment of my humour... I am infected with a very specific brand... (...) Thanks for all your comments and God Bless, Nathan (20 years ago, 25-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Chicago House of Bricks 2005 - Castle area

Hello all, I'll be organizing the castle area for this year's House of Bricks. I'm hoping to create a fun and interesting experience for all. I'm planning to separate our area into a few sections. Classic Castle City Standard (URL) The CCC standard> (...) (20 years ago, 26-Mar-05, to lugnet.events.houseofbricks, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.vignette, FTX)

  Re: Jasper the troll

In lugnet.castle, Matthew Wightwick wrote: A whole bunch of stuff that people have long since forgotten Well, I finally got around to building Jasper some new, slightly stronger, legs and have taken some new pictures of Jasper in a number of (...) (20 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Happy Easter .Castle

Hi all, A slightly late but still heart-felt Happy Easter to all .Castle faithfull... God Bless You, Nathan (20 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Bulls Palace (Exterior)

(3 URLs) Click this for more pics...> AC (20 years ago, 31-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  I just keep churning them out...

(2 URLs) Please let me know what you think! -- Nathan Wells (20 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.fun, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Caslte & Space Display - Gaming at F-Con Pictures/Report - MichLUG

(4 URLs) MichLUG was invited to display and run games at the Foundation Gaming Convention in Lansing, Michigan. The event ran from April 1st till April 3rd. Peter Guenther ran (URL) BrickQuest> and (URL) BrickMech>, while I ran (URL) Brick Battles>. (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: Caslte & Space Display - Gaming at F-Con Pictures/Report - MichLUG

(...) Sorry, forgot the link. I've been sorta brain dead lately. Ugh. (URL) Pictures and Report> Jason Spears | (URL) House of Bricks> | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> | (URL) CLB> (20 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Caslte & Space Display - Gaming at F-Con Pictures/Report - MichLUG

(...) It looks like a lot of the links on the left (in the castle section) lead to thumbnails, not full images. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (20 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Some castle-related minifigs, and a method to make custom banners

Hello everyone I thought I would spotlight a few castle-related custom minifigures of mine that were recently put up on Brickshelf. These are very old MOCs, dating back at least a decade, but they've only recently had their pictures taken. I've (...) (20 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.custom) !!

  Re: Some castle-related minifigs, and a method to make custom banners

Hi Norbert, Again, I'm amazed both by the time & dedication you put into your art, as well as the stunning results you were able to achieve in the end. Your knights reminded me of a set of lead figures I used to have sitting on my desk many years (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  LEGO changes the Minifig helmet again?

I'm looking for some independant confirmation on something I just discovered. Has anyone else already pointed this out? I was playing around with a KK2 Knight, specifically the red one, putting his visor on some different colored helmets, when I (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle) !

  Re: LEGO changes the Minifig helmet again?

(...) I checked out my own Rascus (the red guy) helmet and compared it to an older motorcycle helmet and I see no difference what so ever. Regarding the floppiness, all of my KK2 helmets (barbie blue, green and red) were floppy from the start, and I (...) (20 years ago, 16-Apr-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Fountain

(URL) AC (20 years ago, 17-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  BrickFest 2005!

Lords and Ladies, knights and peasants, As you may have seen, BrickFest2005 has been officially announced for the 12th to the 14th of August. I'm as excited as I know many of you must be! I hope to see many familiar faces as well as new ones. You (...) (20 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Some castle-related minifigs, and a method to make custom banners

Hi Isaac Sorry for the delayed reply - I missed seeing your post when I was zipping through the newsgroups last week. (...) Interesting that you should see them that way, since (as I've mentioned to you before in private correspondence) my modelling (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Captain Blackhole has a new home, Blackskull Fortress

Captain Blackhole, the meanest pirate ever to ply the seven spaceways, has a new home. Notable is that, at the time it was built, it had at least one of every computer listed as the .space computer of the month in it. See if you can spot them all :) (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Theed Hangar Prototype

(3 URLs) Click this for more pics...> AC (20 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

(...) I can't help here as BrickFest'04 was my first and only Brick event, but I do hope to make it to BrickFest'05. (...) Reading the responses on the Classic Castle site, I know there was concern with last years setup being too large to the point (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

(big ol' snip) As a castle outsider (I've built very little in the theme, although some days I think it would really be fun), I have to say that as Ken said, the castle layout at BF04 was almost too big. What I thought it really lacked was nice (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Minas Tirith scenes

Hi all, "So, Bruce, why haven't you updated your Lord of the Rings story in over a year?" "Well, I keep getting distracted by other things, but I have been building sections of Minas Tirith off and on." Well, I've been alluding to these for quite a (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: Minas Tirith scenes

(...) Very nice work. The city gates are quite large and look like they could withstand some punishment. One nit, I don't think the arch & slope combination works, I think it would look better if you just went with slopes for the whole thing. The (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Minas Tirith scenes

Very nice! I especially liked the flooring in the House of Healing -- set diagonally. I'd love to peek at how that was done. Keep up the great work! Joe (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Minas Tirith scenes

(...) Thanks for the comments. I see what you mean on the arch/slope thing (at first I thought you meant along the tops of the walls, which I was pretty happy with, but I assume you mean the shape of the gateway). That comes out of a) inverse slope (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Minas Tirith scenes

(...) Nice work Bruce, it sure beats a cram sandwich. So, Bruce, when are you gonna make a Frodo and Sam eat cram vignette? -Keith (Lempas is just Elvish cram) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Upcoming 8877 - return to the classic fold-out designs?

I just had a peek at what is coming in the KK2 series for 2005, and it seems like the 8877 Vladek's Dark Castle is a return to the classic fold-out designs. At least there is no ugly raised baseplate, and the design looks highly modular. (URL) this (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Minas Tirith scenes

(...) Yes, I meant the shape of the gateway. I like the tops of the walls. How can you have an inverse slope shortage when you have enough light grey to do all those walls? (...) Nah, I don't think matching is a good idea. I agree that a real city (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

Ken, Thanks for your thoughts. (...) Great, I hope to see you there! (...) I agree on both points. (...) Nice! I think a community display like this depends a lot on what sort of building people choose to bring. I don't want to be telling people (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

Adrian, Thanks for landing your spaceship in our little patch of the LEGO universe for a quick touchdown! The humble but noble Castleheads bid welcome their guest from the heavans/future! (...) C'mon you know you want to;) (...) Interesting, I (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Chicago House of Bricks 2005 - Castle Awards

I'm pleased to announce that we will be giving away awards (and prizes!) in the following categories for the castle room. Best Vignette Best Small Detail Best Medieval House Best of Show - Castle A team of judges will examine all the creations on (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.houseofbricks, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.build.contests, FTX)

  Re: Minas Tirith scenes

(...) Mwahahahaha! Fooled you. :) That's actually really simple--they're not at all connected. Since I build largely for the camera, things aren't always solid. The floor is actually a big wall of tan bricks that's been flopped over on its side. (...) (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Minas Tirith scenes

(...) I have real problems with coloration. I'll take two seperate photos one right after the other, and one will be all tinged yellow whereas the other looks right. I think it's all due to very slight differences between the angle of the camera (...) (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Bulls Gardens

(URL) AC (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Minas Tirith scenes

(...) Mmmmm ... cram. I'm in the "cram=twinkies" camp from my rec.arts.books.tolkien days, btw. Thanks for the compliment. Maybe I should do some LotR vignettes. I could surely turn those out more quickly than full chapters. Bruce (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  A visit from Henry

Hi all, Henry is a travelling mascot of classic-castle.com. He's spent the last couple of weeks with me. (URL) Here's an account of his visit>. (URL) PLMKWYT, Bruce (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  Re: Bulls Gardens

(...) All your stuff is great, but this is especially pleasing to the eye! The curved tan pieces that cover a 2x2 area right at the centre of your fountain, are they the standard 'well' pieces in tan? From some SW set you picked up for parts for (...) (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: A visit from Henry

(...) Great! Where else has he been? It was good to see some of your non LOTR work Bruce... God Bless, Nathan (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A visit from Henry

(...) Hi Bruce, Nice!! Fun to revisit your MOCs and see them all connected together. I hadn't noticed the square cups/glasses in the sushi bar before, they're great. As is everything. Thanks for sharing! Cyndi (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

(...) To be more realistic I would think that a walled City would be packed with buildings as merchants would want the protection. So with that in mind I think the area inside the outer wall was much too big for the number of buildings that we had (...) (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A visit from Henry

Hey Nathan, So far he's been to see 11 people in Germany, Canada, Israel and the US. For accounts of his various visits (URL) see this classic-castle thread>. Bruce (19 years ago, 1-May-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A visit from Henry

Nice little travelogue, Bruce. Glad to see Mr. Dangerfield back from the dead to perform, and still not getting any respect. -Brendan (19 years ago, 1-May-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

Ed, Thanks for your thoughts and comments. It seems that the idea of making the CCC dispaly smaller and more compact is a popular one, and if there is space i also like your idea of having more pace ofr an outside the walls type display. To be (...) (19 years ago, 1-May-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A visit from Henry

(...) Thanks Bruce! Looks like he is in need of a trip to the southern hemisphere though... And more importantly, all important actually, a trip to Ireland! God Bless, Nathan (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A visit from Henry

(...) Thanks! I've been wanting to do a sushi bar for a while. Actually, I think I'll probably recreate this one as a vignette and keep it around for a while. Bruce (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A visit from Henry

(...) Hey, he still does three shows a night on my LEGO shelf. Now that's a professional for you. Bruce (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

(...) Hello, I just want to say real quick, I think that is a smashing idea and will definitely boost the audience's appreciation of the detail and work put in, as well as their paying attention to such things. This idea sounds positive and has real (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Mythic creatures by Micah Berger

Hi all, Micah Berger has made some great creatures from Greek myths. He discusses them in (URL) this thread on Classic-Castle>. Sphinx: (URL) Antman: (URL) Minotaur: (URL) Cyclops: (URL) Bruce (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  BrickFest™ Registration now online

BrickFest™ Registration is now available via the website. BrickFest 2005 August 12-14th Washington, DC (URL) first step is to set up your Account. Or you may have one already from last year. The account allows access to resources as well as your (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Lost Castles?

Hey all, seeing this in Lugnet .space : (URL) me wonder whether anyone has ever collected all the lego MOC castles of large dimensions into one place... I can remember a few from Lugnet lore but I'm sure there were more before I got online in the (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: A new article by Didier Enjary...

(...) That’s a great article. Now, I just need to find the time. I want to play with the idea and figure out how I'm going to incorporate it into a classic-castle structure. Christina (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: A new article by Didier Enjary...

(...) Thanks for bringing this to .castle Christina, I would have missed it. The first thing that I see is that you could use this when building Tudor structures which is RL often have beams at an angle. So far I haven't been impressed with any (...) (19 years ago, 8-May-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

Hi all, Quick update on BrickFest stuff: I'm very grateful to Edward Kohl, who has kindly volunteered to help out with the Castle Room. If there are others who want to be involved, please don't be shy about getting in touch with me personally - just (...) (19 years ago, 10-May-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Knights of the Round Table Vignettes

(URL) Presenting the (URL) Knights of the Round Table Vignettes>! Four 8 x 8 vignettes that when assembled form a large 16x16 vignette depicting the Round Table of Arthurian Legend. These vignettes were made using minifigs and shields representing (...) (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  IndyLUG at the 500 Festival Kids Day

Here's a few overall pics from our appearance at the Indy 500 Festival Kid's Day. It's a fast and furious show since we only have a few hours to get in and only one hour to get out. The show was open from noon to 4pm and they had over 30,000 people (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  Re: IndyLUG at the 500 Festival Kids Day

(...) As a visitor I can testify it was a good show : ) . Especially the castle layout! God Bless, Nathan (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town)

  EVIL ENGINES at BrickFest 2005

Warlords of the Realm, hail! (squeaky trumpet sound) I hereby do announce that BrickFest 2005 Castle Room will be hosting the EVIL ENGINES catapult competition! All elligible catapults will of course work (they will launch a lego projectile of your (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.technic) !!

  More on BrickFest 2005 Castle Room

Hi all, OK, a little more on Castle Room awards, and a lot more on what should be the centre of attention in the Castle Room. I am of course talking about the CCC display: While Micro and Vig competitions are trans-theme, there will be an award (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce) !

  cheeky little new Castle Lego set

(URL) chess set. (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: cheeky little new Castle Lego set

(...) GAH! I want that!! Blue soldiers and crossbows!! But it doesn't appear to be available in the US! ;_; Jeff (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: cheeky little new Castle Lego set

(...) Beautiful! I want one! Some of the piece choices are a little different than I would have done, but hey, it's LEGO -- if I don't like it, I'll just change it. The board is especially cool -- is that a new plate? Or assembled from a pile of 4x4 (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: cheeky little new Castle Lego set

(...) If you go to the "zoom" pic you can see that it's 4x4 plates stacked on top of a 32x32 baseplate in either white or light blay. Bruce (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: cheeky little new Castle Lego set

(...) Awesome! It's like some sort of minifig pack with huge amounts of Shadow Knights! And, is that a WHITE baseplate under there? Looks like it in the super-zoom. I don't think they've ever offered a white 32x32! Wish I could see the faces for the (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: cheeky little new Castle Lego set

(...) There's a huge discussion about this set over at Classic-Castle: (URL) is much worry that the figures are glued. :( -- Nathan Wells (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

  LAY OFF THE GLUE!

LEGO, your products have been looking great for 2005. Improved Knight's Kingdom II sets. Viking sets. Designer sets. And now this wonderful chess set*. Don't kill it with glue. Everything about glue goes agaisnt what LEGO is about: building and (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general) !

  Re: cheeky little new Castle Lego set

(...) Well, holy horsehead, Batman. Surely they couldn't do something that stupid? Assembling and gluing (or baking) the minifigs together would surely make production MORE expensive, as well as making the set far less attractive. One-piece minifigs (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) website is: The chess board is glued; the minifigs are not. Also, Jake says the Chess set will be available here in North America. Ken (19 years ago, 10-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) This is wonderful news. Thank you LEGO! :) -- Nathan Wells (19 years ago, 10-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Announcing the C-C.com CheckMate Chess Contest!

In honor of the new LEGO chess set, I am pleased to announce the Classic-Castle.com CheckMate Chess Contest! (URL) What is the Classic-Castle... ugh... C6 Contest? I'm glad you asked! Category 1: Chess Piece Create a single chess piece, any medieval (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Cliffton Castle

Hi all, I present Cliffton Castle: (URL) (pic=link to gallery) deeplinks at bottom of post : ) Cliffton Castle, known locally as the 'Castle of Three Trees' (all right, there are six trees if you want to be picky...), is an outpost of the great (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.in, FTX) !!

  Re: LAY OFF THE GLUE!

(...) Well - just ordered one from S@H Canada. $70 CAD which is quite a bit better (after conversion) than the 50 Euro price I heard from the initial information Supposedly shipping by June 30, but my experience is usually they ship sooner. Cheers. (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  KCCUSA Summer Block Party

(URL) 5 statues together>> As promised in this (URL) teaser> thread... I am happy to (at long last) announce that Milton Train Works™ has been, as overall contractor, with significant help from members of MichLUG, working in partnership with (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.aquazone, FTX) !!

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) Very nice work. An impressive build. The landscaping and how the castle is built around it is excellent. I'm not too sure about (URL) house. An interesting color scheme. I really like these (URL) guys> working. (URL) Clever use> of the (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) Thanks! I am glad you appreciated the landscaping (I alwys consider it my best work...) I'm sorry the oar maker isn't to your taste...One, or two colours too many? : ) Actually I really needed it to lighten the whole MOC and focus the eye into (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) I like it a lot. The big thing for me is the feel of a living community. The variety of structures helps there as does the landscaping. The town on a hill feel is very effective. Good interiors too, but I couldn't satisfy one of my favorite (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  First Castle

So, here it is, my first ever castle creation. I had a lot of fun with this build, imagining a whole backstory of a wizard who was able to protect his home and his family from the destruction of their world by casting a spell around their castle, (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) It's just my opinion, so I don't know how much it matters, but yeah, it seems like it has too many colors. Right now it has white, blue, yellow, black, and green (oh and brown details and a red sign). I think that if you replaced the white on (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: First Castle

Hey Nathan : ) A nice castle and great debut! The base is really nice and the overall scale is inviting... Thanks for sharing and God Bless, Nathan (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) Good points... I tried a blue roof originally (no pics unfortunately...) and it did look better on the building (as did taking away some yellow) but it made the pier loose influence on the whole MOC so I went for loud for the sake of the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) Thanks for the comments! Rest assured there are stairs, doors, access etc.. to everywhere, they just don't make for as interesting pics to the average observer ; ) Thanks again and God Bless, Nathan (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: First Castle

(...) I think everyone here knows I'm totally not into castle, and you won't find many (if any) of my posts here, but... WOW. That is just the coolest thing I've ever seen. Removed straight from a fairytale. I just love it. Hats off to you. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Armitage Hotel

(...) I've done more in castle than in town, actually. (URL) And even with castle there is room for strange interpretations. I've heard a lot of "Is this supposed to be something from Lord of the Rings?" Specifically when they are look at scene (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) I'm not a castle guy, but this is very impressive. I like the inclusion of water and trees as natural elements. The building style incorporating stone and wood buildings is very nice. And of course the inclusion of all the little details like (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: First Castle

(...) Nathan I just love it. I like how its suspended on the rock. looks like it's really floating on clouds. Very nice work I give it a 10 out of 10. (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Announcing the C-C.com CheckMate Chess Contest!

(...) Well, rats. I was about to propose a Chess Set contest, but I would have proposed it with no restrictions on theme. Medieval themes would of course have been well represented, but I think we would have seen some interesting entries in other (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, FTX)

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) Hey Nathan, there is alot to like in here: aysmetrical castle, giant beacon, water feature, sculpted terrain...and plenty of action to please the mainline hot weather crowd. Excellent attention to detail throughout. My personal favorites are (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Armitage Hotel

(...) I knew I recognized your name... .Castle has been quiet too long... I remember some of your MOCs with fondness, especially the bookstore! On a completely random note. As I was taking apart Cliffton I noticed how heavy the different pieces (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) Thanks much! Pleased to build something that can be appreciated across heavily defended theme frontiers ; ) God Bless, Nathan (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) Thanks a lot... You pinned all my favs almost in the same order! Glad to see it came across : ) God Bless, Nathan (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) -snip- (...) Magnificent creation! I love the beacon, the waterfront and the general cramped/busy-ness of the whole settlement. What you need, of course, is a really nice ship to park at that wharf! ;-) Cheers Richie Dulin (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  White vs Gray?

[Exit Real-Life-Imposed Dim Age] Hey all. Been a long time since I posted in .castle. Back in the day, a few of you might recall, we had a series of discussions on facts and history that might influence our building. A few days ago I saw a program (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: White vs Gray?

(...) And it gets even worse :-) Take it from a European who has about a dozend real castles and ruins within walking distance, and has a bit of interest in castles and history: Most mediaevel castles in the Rhine area where not simply white, they (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Cliffton Castle

(...) Nathan, This rocks! Even though you took a lot of pictures, I'm finding it frustrating, because of all that you included, I would just want to spend a very long time looking at it in person. It's an incredible MOC, very well integrated, how (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: White vs Gray?

Interesting thread. I had heard of castles being "whitewashed" before but never the multicolor thing. Perhaps the KK2 are more historically accurate than many of us would like to think? I know for sure that there was a trend for a while to paint (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: White vs Gray?

(...) Good to see you back (even briefly)... You were one of the first to welcome me aboard! This does raise a really interesting point! I know some castles in England and Ireland have surviving sketches that aren't multi-coloured... but these may (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact